Chalk Page 2

Quite hyped yes. They ordered Series 2 off the back of the studio audience reaction during recording Series 1. Admittedly S1E1 was (IMO) the funniest of the lot, but it was still consistently good throughout the other 11 episodes.

Quote: david carmon @ September 21 2009, 3:41 PM BST

I have to disagree :S it was a good show, but you did have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it. I loved (still love) it

Bring Back Chalk!

Huh?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 21 2009, 3:43 PM BST

Huh?

I just meant that sometimes it could be a bit annoying if not in the right mood for it.

But it was well acted (OTT but that was the point)

The writing was decent enough, couple of dud gags here and there. But overall it was different and stood out. I think that's why critics beat the living you know what out of it in the reviews.

Quote: david carmon @ September 21 2009, 3:47 PM BST

I just meant that sometimes it could be a bit annoying if not in the right mood for it.

Well that could apply to anything. Sex, for example. (A point that my barrister made several times to the jury.)

Loving it lols. Well you know what I mean haha

You can only get it here (from what I understand): http://www.replay-shop.co.uk/chalks1.htm

(Get Joking Apart while you're there -- it's brilliant)

Dan

OTT and yet again John Cleese was blatantly copied. Because of this I couldn't stay with it to see if it was any good or not. I made up my mind quickly that it wasn't.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 21 2009, 9:02 PM BST

OTT and yet again John Cleese was blatantly copied. Because of this I couldn't stay with it to see if it was any good or not. I made up my mind quickly that it wasn't.

Talk us through this. 'I made my mind up quickly and didn't stay to see if I was wrong because a real life person was copied' is how I read this. Am I missing something?

I never got the 'David Bamber was doing a John Cleese' thing. He did mug a bit mind.

A bit the Lab Rats of its day. Should have been better than it was.

Quote: Aaron @ September 21 2009, 3:43 PM BST

Quite hyped yes. They ordered Series 2 off the back of the studio audience reaction during recording Series 1. Admittedly S1E1 was (IMO) the funniest of the lot, but it was still consistently good throughout the other 11 episodes.

Sitting through the filming of the first episode, I was constantly amazed that (most of) the rest of the studio audience laughed at the warm-up guy and then at the show itself. I didn't get a single laugh. It did just seem forced and unfunny. One of the students was hot though - but I don't think she had any lines, more's the pity.

EDIT: I never saw the finished show. Perhaps it did turn out to be wonderful once put together.

Quote: swerytd @ September 21 2009, 5:02 PM BST

You can only get it here (from what I understand): http://www.replay-shop.co.uk/chalks1.htm

Dan

Thanks :) OMG I finally can see the very end at last (of series 1 at least - it cut off)

I gave you that link yesteraday morning! *shakes fist*

Oops apologies :) thanks though.

I blame the builders in the house for being a distraction :P

I remember enjoying it, not least because of the sadomasochism bits. :)

I thought (and still think) this is a great show - bit worried that Kenneth found one of the students hot. Lots of great lines and the episode with the inspectors was brilliant. I guess it suffered from the Beeb comparing it to Fawlty Towers when it should've been given a chance in its own right.

Quote: swerytd @ September 21 2009, 5:02 PM BST

Dan

Are they ever going to release series two? I don't think I saw it originally.

I did end up buying Joking Apart also, but have stopped watching it as the main character annoys me too much with his terrible acting.