I read the news today oh boy! Page 666

Quote: Timbo @ February 12 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

Oh I don't know, I think a small highly skilled well-armed American force Japanese Samurai team should be handle any problem down in Mexico; all hand-picked men of course; you probably would not need more than, say, seven...

:D

Quote: keewik @ February 12 2012, 6:29 PM GMT

I keep looking at your avatar, then thinking 'I didn't post that.' Are we long-lost twins?

I think he is Zorro of the Owls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

ooooh, this is page 666

Greece PLC is being wound-up.

Not surprising after what I heard on the radio earlier: apparently it's a way of life over there to bribe - you just have to (!?) - council officials, tax inspectors, police etc.

Allegedly..

The Sun's associate editor and well known champion of civil liberties Trevor Kavanagh, speaks out on police oppression as well as showing his empathy and disdain for actions that lead to innocent wives and children being humiliated-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17008614

It makes me sick those poor journalists having their privacy invaded like that. I just hope that if there turns out to be nothing it to it that they are given a full and fulsome apology and that there is no lasting smeer on their reputation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17017004

Not matter how long I live, these stories always freak me out.

It's just so horrible this kind of thing happens.

At least the police found her.

It needs to be acknowledged that some crimes are synonimous with some cultures.

Quote: sootyj @ February 13 2012, 4:14 PM GMT

It needs to be acknowledged that some crimes are synonimous with some cultures.

Ooh, you're opening a can of worms on this one sooty.

Having said that, it must be heartbreaking if you can't save someone because their culture won't allow it.

Apparently, the stuff that the Middle Eastern diplomats get up to in London is beyond belief. The police know all about it, but can't do anything to stop it.

I'm sure they could think of something?

Assuming you're suggesting underage sex, I seem to remember that's illegal in England...

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2012, 4:19 PM GMT

I'm sure they could think of something?

Assuming you're suggesting underage sex, I seem to remember that's illegal in England...

If you have diplomatic immunity, you cannot be arrested. Throw in how much business we do with these vile people and everyone turns a blind eye.

If it gets to the stage that even the police can no longer ignore it, then the dipolmat in question is sent home.

Rape, beatings, paedophilia and in some cases, even murder are all ignored.

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2012, 4:19 PM GMT

I'm sure they could think of something? Assuming you're suggesting underage sex, I seem to remember that's illegal in England...

Yes it's illegal, but you can (most usually) evade the laws of the land if you have diplomatic immunity.

Traditional slavery is rife in many parts of the world.

(How fitting that this is page 666 of this thread).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 13 2012, 4:23 PM GMT

If you have diplomatic immunity, you cannot be arrested. Throw in how much business we do with these vile people and everyone turns a blind eye.

If it gets to the stage that even the police can no longer ignore it, then the dipolmat in question is sent home.

Rape, beatings, paedophilia and in some cases, even murder are all ignored.

Like that guy who beat his boyfriend to death and claimed assylum as if he was sent back to Saudi he'd be executed for being gay.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 13 2012, 4:17 PM GMT

Ooh, you're opening a can of worms on this one sooty.

Having said that, it must be heartbreaking if you can't save someone because their culture won't allow it.

Apparently, the stuff that the Middle Eastern diplomats get up to in London is beyond belief. The police know all about it, but can't do anything to stop it.

Actually what the hell.

If you have a caste system you have people you culturally denegrate and can feel fine about treating as property. If you don't then it doesn't happen.

Not saying that other abusive relationships exists but this is hardwired.

Also applies to those mad travellers kidnapping tramps to tarmacadam European streets.

Quote: sootyj @ February 13 2012, 4:27 PM GMT

Like that guy who beat his boyfriend to death and claimed assylum as if he was sent back to Saudi he'd be executed for being gay.

Yep. And there was a beautiful Swedish student who was strangled to death by some Arab Prince who scarpered back to the desert.

The British Government has 'requested' that he come back to the UK for questioning. Yeah, good, that'll stop them in future.

Quote: sootyj @ February 13 2012, 4:29 PM GMT

Also applies to those mad travellers kidnapping tramps to tarmacadam European streets.

I saw that on the news and couldn't believe it!

I kid but years ago when working in hostels there were warning notes being issued. About advising clients to not accept offers of work out of town.

Ah, forgot about diplomatic immunity. Always seems like something that only happens in James Bond films.
What a massive pile of shite.