I read the news today oh boy! Page 669

Quote: AJGO @ February 17 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

And I didn't think I was being racist, what with not being racist. It just pisses me off that when someone doesn't like something they add an 'ist' to their complaint so you can't say they're being twats regardless of race, age or gender, without sounding like an ist.

Fascist.

;) :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 17 2012, 2:02 PM GMT

Fascist.

;) :P

:O Istist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102393/Village-clouds-Beacon-light-shines-mist-spectacular-Alpine-setting.html

Phwoar.

Can't find the article AjGo must have been banned for being to racist.

nb most of the static travellers aren't that way by choice.

It's a complex issue.

But I was struck by some stuff Francesca Martinez was posting on her facebook page. About how she felt bullied into appearing in I am Spasticus a new Channel 4 show. And acting more disabled and more embittered.

The amount able bodied, male, WASPS get to call the agenda can by uneasy. And the constant tee hee soundtrack on MBFGW is a little unsettling for me.

Quote: sootyj @ February 17 2012, 2:53 PM GMT

Can't find the article AjGo must have been banned for being to racist.

nb most of the static travellers aren't that way by choice.

It's a complex issue.

But I was struck by some stuff Francesca Martinez was posting on her facebook page. About how she felt bullied into appearing in I am Spasticus a new Channel 4 show. And acting more disabled and more embittered.

The amount able bodied, male, WASPS get to call the agenda can by uneasy. And the constant tee hee soundtrack on MBFGW is a little unsettling for me.

Don't watch it. Don't really enjoy laughing at people who might not realise they're the butt of the joke. Just irritated by the world's constant lazy complaining.

Can you put more info about Martinez? How was she bullied into appearing on that show?

It was on her facebook feed, I'll have a look.

http://www.savvychavvy.com/main/authorization/signIn?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.savvychavvy.com%2F

nb this site's response I found very interesting to the last series.
But who's complaints are you unhappy about/

I don't know as I couldn't read the article.

That link needs signing in to.
The article was about people complaining about the advert for the new series because the line is 'Bigger Fatter Gypsier'

If people were really upset by discrimination or by the show they should complain about that and I would sympathise.

But complaining about the tagline which has just added 'er' onto the entire premise of the show is ridiculous. Actual people with actual brains cannot possibly be offended by 'er'.

What are you offended by? What are you doing about it that doesn't make you look like idiots? Do you realise you just made the effort to actually complain to actual official bodies about 'er'?!

Those 100 people who complained about 'er' could all be doing sterling work in fostering community relations and updating the image of the travelling community and tirelessly working to publicise a different image to the one portrayed in the show.
But given that humans who love complaining seem to think their job is done by shouting 'I'm offended!' I doubt it. But I am being a bit of a bitch and I apologise to all those people who are the very essence of the positive attributes I've described. Except the ones that complained about 'er'. You're f**king idiots.

:)
I rather like it when AJGO goes a bit ranty.

Me too. She's smoking.

Quote: zooo @ February 17 2012, 3:35 PM GMT

:) I rather like it when AJGO goes a bit ranty.

Quote: L.E. @ February 17 2012, 3:40 PM GMT

Me too. She's smoking.

:D :$ Sorry. Wisdom toothache really makes me angrier than usual about everything. I think the swollen gum has disrupted the pathway to the caring bit of my brain.

*raises head reluctantly above the parapet*

Actually, I thought the 'gypsier' bit was treading on dodgy ground. I can't say I was offended - and my grandad was a traveller (FFS, I'd normally say 'knacker' - maybe I have become all po-faced and PC) - but I can definitely see why people could be offended by it.

Lol, knacker? Not heard that before.

Quote: AJGO @ February 17 2012, 3:45 PM GMT

:D :$ Sorry. Wisdom toothache really makes me angrier than usual about everything. I think the swollen gum has disrupted the pathway to the caring bit of my brain.

Are you getting the wisdom teeth sorted? Or just riding it out?

Because it takes a minority who have been subjected to both social and legal bad treatment. Who have terrible reputational difficulties and reduces them to a fun pejorative.

Gypsier. With all it's implications of ignorance, plunging cleavage fighty men with tatoos and alround snotty sneering.

Ooh that fake tan? Your looking gypsier.

And why the blue f**k should they do one thing to foster community cohesion? Why shouldn't they live their lives outside of the shadow of sneery, cheap, snarky and ultimately racist bill board sentiments?
(but hey it's all for fun)

We live in a society of laws. Where the offended are entitled to seek redress.

Complaining fruitlessly to the toothless ASA. Is a poor alternative to thumping the head of programing at Channel 4.

Quote: sootyj @ February 17 2012, 3:57 PM GMT

Because it takes a minority who have been subjected to both social and legal bad treatment. Who have terrible reputational difficulties and reduces them to a fun pejorative.

Gypsier. With all it's implications of ignorance, plunging cleavage fighty men with tatoos and alround snotty sneering.

Ooh that fake tan? Your looking gypsier.

And why the blue f**k should they do one thing to foster community cohesion? Why shouldn't they live their lives outside of the shadow of sneery, cheap, snarky and ultimately racist bill board sentiments?
(but hey it's all for fun)

We live in a society of laws. Where the offended are entitled to seek redress.

Complaining fruitlessly to the toothless ASA. Is a poor alternative to thumping the head of programing at Channel 4.

This is the jewiest thing I've heard in a while.