I read the news today oh boy! Page 618

Quote: Timbo @ January 6 2012, 8:40 AM GMT

To avoid accusations of generalising, perhaps you should be more careful in your use of pronouns. I realise that when you, as an intelligent Daily Mail reader, use the word "they" in this context, you are, of course, referring specifically to the adherents of syncretic animist-Pentecostal sects in rural Congo - a grouping whom you presumably feel have been particularly outspoken on the lack of positive representation of their culture in the British media - rather than to, say, black people in general.

Laughing out loud I know that you're making a pertinent point, but still: Laughing out loud

http://www.londoncomedywriters.com/blog/Dr_Sardonicus/community-leadership/

what my mate Sardo has to say about Abbott

Quote: Nogget @ January 6 2012, 6:56 AM GMT

I wouldn't call them morons.

Don't then. :)

Quote: Nogget @ January 6 2012, 7:12 AM GMT

Sure, but IMO the are different degrees of the same thing. But if you disagree, then can I ask, at what point do you think it becomes different? Having a tattoo? Collagen injections in the lips?

Come along now Nogget, don't you realise that you are arguing with people from the West and that their taste in tribal dress - tattoos, ear piercings, breast implants, dyed hair, fake tan, mascara, lipstick, cleavage, high heels, acid peels, waxing, bleaching and hair straighteners - are considered superior to anything the 'stoopid' natives can come up with.

Yes, a woman from Malawy might think it ridiculous to carry around a handbag that costs a month's wages (or three years wages in Malawy), but what does she know? I bet she's never even seen a Burberry pram - the moron!

Always remember, if a foreign does it, then it's wrong.

Quote: sootyj @ January 6 2012, 12:01 PM GMT

http://www.londoncomedywriters.com/blog/Dr_Sardonicus/community-leadership/

what my mate Sardo has to say about Abbott

Yup. Welcome to my borough! Where the residents from Britain, Antigua, Jamaica, St Lucia, Dominica, Montserrat, Ghana, Nigeria, Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Somalia, etc etc etc are clearly all the same person.

http://www.hackney.gov.uk/hackney-the-place-diversity.htm

"historically Hackney has welcomed...."

I think that implies a degree of choice that just wasn't there.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 6 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Come along now Nogget, don't you realise that you are arguing with people from the West and that their taste in tribal dress - tattoos, ear piercings, breast implants, dyed hair, fake tan, mascara, lipstick, cleavage, high heels, acid peels, waxing, bleaching and hair straighteners - are considered superior to anything the 'stoopid' natives can come up with.

Yes, a woman from Malawy might think it ridiculous to carry around a handbag that costs a month's wages (or three years wages in Malawy), but what does she know? I bet she's never even seen a Burberry pram - the moron!

Yep, this discussion certainly didn't start from discussing how silly English women were for getting needless surgery. Nope! It's definitely all been about foreign people...

Quote: Nogget @ January 6 2012, 7:12 AM GMT

Sure, but IMO the are different degrees of the same thing. But if you disagree, then can I ask, at what point do you think it becomes different? Having a tattoo? Collagen injections in the lips?

Sure, both of those things. You wash make-up off, you don't wash a (proper) tattoo off. Or bum implants. Or a face lift.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 6 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting at. Unimpressed

Quote: zooo @ January 6 2012, 1:26 PM GMT

Yep, this discussion certainly didn't start from discussing how silly English women were for getting needless surgery. Nope! It's definitely all been about foreign people...

I'm glad to hear that you are taking such a strong stance of needless plastic surgery. I hope that you are in full agreement that we shouldn't be spending NHS money on those dozy bints with the exploding French breast implants.

If they can afford £3500-5000 to get them done in the first place, they can afford to get them taken out.

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong really.

I was under the impression no one used silicon breast implants anymore anyway because of the health risks and unnatural feel.

Quote: sootyj @ January 6 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

"historically Hackney has welcomed...."

I think that implies a degree of choice that just wasn't there.

That's hardly an issue that's exclusive to Hackney. And one of the things that pisses me off most about Diane Abbott's comments is that in her own constituency a huge range of cultures and backgrounds get along fine, and make an effort to be part of a community, and, shock horror, just go about their day to day lives that don't involve crime or hatred. There are lots of problems, same as everywhere else, but she is perfectly placed to find a squillion brilliant examples of community cohesion and she's decided to ignore that her own constituents are mostly actually quite nice to each other.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ January 6 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

I was under the impression no one used silicon breast implants anymore anyway because of the health risks and unnatural feel.

You are dealing with vanity Roobs, so anything goes. If a report came out that eating six month old fetuses made you look ten years younger, people would be scoffing down abortions for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'll stick with my placenta facial thanks.

Bob Holness died.

I cry now. :(