I read the news today oh boy! Page 615

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 5 2012, 3:09 PM GMT

Can I please be excused from the 'we' in your statement?

I am probably wrong (I can't be bothered to check), but weren't you one of the many just on the fancying thread saying ew that normal girl's ugly, look at this one wearing almost no clothes with a more acceptably sexy body, simulating sex with this banister. She's a proper woman... ;)

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2012, 3:12 PM GMT

I am probably wrong (I can't be bothered to check), but weren't you one of the many just on the fancying thread saying ew that girl's ugly, look at this one wearing almost no clothes with a more acceptably sexy body, humping this banister. She's a proper woman... ;)

Yes, but he's been brainwashed by corporate advertising and probably deserves millions of pounds in compensation.

Gawd bless 'im.

Not sure if many people are aware but botox actually has a medical use other than for getting rid of wrinkles. It can be injected into muscles to help them relax and behave in a more "normal" manner in people with physical disabilities.

As for the above story- I don't think it's right to give a child those gifts. If when she was about 18, and still wanted them then fine. Although to be honest I still think 18 is a bit young, in some cases the body hasn't finished physicaly developing. There is also the emotional side but I that is possibly an issue with many of the people who choose cosmetic surgery regardless of age.

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2012, 2:55 PM GMT

Remember 'surgery' in this case doesn't just mean full face overhauls, but also things like botox and lip injections etc.

I am undecided as to whether more women do it than we think, or fewer!

'Cos I don't actually know anyone personally whose had something done. But then I don't know any morons.

This is a bit harsh and judgemental even for you, zooo! Anybody who has plastic surgery is a moron? If somebody is unhappy with their big nose or banana chin why not get it fixed if it makes them happier? Where's the harm?

Quote: reds @ January 5 2012, 3:22 PM GMT

As for the above story- I don't think it's right to give a child those gifts.

I'm fairly certain that mom is an attention-grabbing media whore and nothing more. What kind of surgeon would actually issue vouchers almost a decade in advance?

Hello, have we not met before? I'm judgemental!

If it makes you happier, only 95% of people who have cosmetic surgery are morons.

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

This is a bit harsh and judgemental even for you, zooo! Anybody who has plastic surgery is a moron. If somebody is unhappy with their big nose or banana chin why not get it fixed if it makes them happier? Where's the harm?

Tell us more about your penile enlargement surgery, Chip.

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2012, 3:25 PM GMT

Hello, have we not met before? I'm judgemental!

If it makes you happier, only 95% of people who have cosmetic surgery are morons.

Oh, zooo.

I thought I was being quite generous.

Quote: DaButt @ January 5 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

I'm fairly certain that mom is an attention-grabbing media whore and nothing more. What kind of surgeon would actually issue vouchers almost a decade in advance?

Yea. The time limit of most over here seems to be between 6months-2years. I really hope the surgeon didn't know it was intended for a six year old, even if they knew the intention was to keep it for later.

Quote: reds @ January 5 2012, 3:22 PM GMT

Not sure if many people are aware but botox actually has a medical use other than for getting rid of wrinkles. It can be injected into muscles to help them relax and behave in a more "normal" manner in people with physical disabilities.

As for the above story- I don't think it's right to give a child those gifts. If when she was about 18, and still wanted them then fine. Although to be honest I still think 18 is a bit young, in some cases the body hasn't finished physicaly developing. There is also the emotional side but I that is possibly an issue with many of the people who choose cosmetic surgery regardless of age.

People with physical disabilities undergo medical procedures. Those that have cosmetic surgery are of course doing it because of their 'emotions'; that money would be better spent on counselling or a media awareness course.
I am aghast that people have to be able to consent with 'sound mind' for cosmetic surgery and yet clearly can't be doing so because they're volunteering for a procedure that in any other situation would be seen as extremely serious and scary.
I read an interesting article a while ago that trialled babies responses to their mothers who'd had botox and found that the babies interacted with them less compared to non-surgeried mothers, even when it wasn't blatant that they'd had any cosmetic work done. Scary stuff.

Cosmetic surgery is just one end of the (attempted) beautification spectrum which has make-up at the start and piercings and tattoos somewhere in the middle. It's been going on for all of recoded history (Otzi, the 5300-year-old Tyrolean iceman mummy had 57 tattoos) and as such is Very Normal Behaviour.

I think it's fair to say that using makeup and changing your hair colour is just a continuation of generations' worth of tradition. I also think it's fair to say cosmetic surgery is pushing all the way out of Normal Behaviour and into self obsessed, unhealthy and dangerous behaviour (dangerous both emotionally and physically).

Quote: chipolata @ January 5 2012, 3:24 PM GMT

This is a bit harsh and judgemental even for you, zooo! Anybody who has plastic surgery is a moron? If somebody is unhappy with their big nose or banana chin why not get it fixed if it makes them happier? Where's the harm?

Chip's had three balls added; because he's vain.