I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,404

They don't deserve pity they only deserve scorn. They have embarrassed themselves and diluted further what little trust people had in politics. Every day that De Piffel stays in office is a blight on this country and confirmation that the Tories have been done the same way as Trump did the Republicans.

I could have predicted your answers without you bothering to write them. You are still (if at all) looking for a magic solution which will resolve all the problems, instead of tackling them one part at a time.

Instead of thinking of ways to make a proposal work, you just come up with objections to ANY change.
eg You drop your phone & break it.. Tough! When did you last drop a gun & break it.
Batteries have come a long way since this was last raised here, modern Li-Ion batteries are reliable and rechargeable. Of course a gun would have a method of indicating that the battery was OK, & when that indicated failure it would be time to replace the battery. Having electronics in a gun woud mean that they could also be fitted as standard with a red-spot laser sighting device making them more reliable at hitting the target than a plain mechanical gun.
So what that criminals would disable the mechanism, that isn't PART of the objective in this case, which is to prevent accidental killings.

" I've also experienced a lack of signal when I urgently needed it." Irrelevant
"Cash payments - banks and credit card companies are hit with billions of dollars in fraudulent charges yearly." irrelevant
"on my most recent flight two passengers were assigned to the same seat." irrelevant not caused by the card electronics

Put those NASA engineers & programmers onto the design & production of recognised-user trigger mechanisms then.

I could go on but I really can't be bothered, you like many USA citizens are not interested in resolving the problem and you don't really care how many people are killed accidentally by legally owned guns, as long as those killed are not part of your family.

Zoe Ball promoting Sweet Caroline with an evil lie that it is to honour the Queen is like Arthur Mullard promoting Pretty Vacant supposedly in honour of Boris Johnson.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th May 2022, 12:17 PM

They don't deserve pity they only deserve scorn. They have embarrassed themselves and diluted further what little trust people had in politics. Every day that De Piffel stays in office is a blight on this country and confirmation that the Tories have been done the same way as Trump did the Republicans.

It all appears to be unravelling quite fast now.
Panorama looks like it might be worth a watch tonight.
It's that old adage - when the toffs get caught out, they sack the staff.
I think the 'staff' are about to bite back.

I agree, I saw that Panorama. I think its reaching its end game. I don't know who is going to fill the vacuum though?.
Truss is being laughed at by both Europe and the the US as there is not an ounce of substance in either her words or actions. Sunak is dead in the water Johnson saw to that . The others have thrown themselves onto the altar of Johnson. Hunt the psycho or Battling Ben Wallace would be my guess. I just wish Labour could get rid of Starmer and Rayner.
Starmer for a QC has got the advocacy skills of an 'Ambulance Chaser' While Rayner is all token and no policy. Of late Ed Miliband is coming back int his own and is across any briefs he is given , so I wouldn't mind him at the helm.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th May 2022, 4:16 PM

I agree, I saw that Panorama. I think its reaching its end game. I don't know who is going to fill the vacuum though?.
Truss is being laughed at by both Europe and the the US as there is not an ounce of substance in either her words or actions. Sunak is dead in the water Johnson saw to that . The others have thrown themselves onto the altar of Johnson. Hunt the psycho or Battling Ben Wallace would be my guess. I just wish Labour could get rid of Starmer and Rayner.
Starmer for a QC has got the advocacy skills of an 'Ambulance Chaser' While Rayner is all token and no policy. Of late Ed Miliband is coming back int his own and is across any briefs he is given , so I wouldn't mind him at the helm.

I think Ed has been really strong recently - can he come back from the dead?
Lisa Nandy is good. Emily Thornbury needs to jog on - she just too snobby.

EDIT: The other thing about the current leadership is they are acting as a very effective firewall against the Momentum loonies who'd have Corbyn back.
A chink of light and he'd be back in, f**king it up fore everybody.

With the Toffs - the biggest worry is a coup by the nutters - Steve Baker at the helm.
Not sure the rest of the party has the stomach for that, though.
Ben Wallace might the least offensive, and the one with the least baggage.

Still not convinced BJ won't wriggle out of it once again.
But, to be honest, the longer he's in, the more damage he's likely to do.
Hey ho - interesting times.

Baker is a zealot a true right wing nutter with a penchant for mentioning Jesus an awful lot . BJ will try to wriggle off the hook as its worked most of his life. But its not just the parties its everything he puts his hand to fails as he is incapable of working out the logistics of what he proposes off the hoof.
Labour need to say what they will do rather what the Tories are doing. Talk about the prices and the bills and see how the Daily Maul tries to spin that while people feel the pinch. As for the present at PMQs when De Piffel says 'Nothing is off the table (Apart from raising Universal Credit ) Starmer needs to ask him what is on the table? And more importantly when can we eat it ?
De Piffel and his Barons are talking in 'Seasons' as per usual , Starmer should ask for dates and written assurances. Bills are only going to continue to climb and food is through the roof.
How long can the ill informed victims who backed these clowns and their Brexit bollocks continue believing what they are being told as opposed to what they can see with their own eyes?

To sum up, Tory leaders are shit but so are Labours.
Brexit gets a mention again and Europe.
No mention of Durham though _-shame that.

I'm all up for a bit of Whatabouterry . As I know Brexiteers don't like countering arguments in sections with reasonable counterpoints. So as I said said before I think Starmer and Rayner should get nicked as it works for me and it gets rid of Johnson as well. So bring it on and sack the three of them and lets have Ed Millband at the despatch box. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'd have Andy Burnham

He has more integrity and honour in his left testicle than Johnson has in his entire lying idiotic body

I'd have him but he is a Mayor at the moment so he would need to win a bye election etc. I would have Ed and then Andy as his deputy once he completes the process. I would also have John McDonnel as Chancellor. Its sounds mad but it would be a bigger tent than it is and it would appease the far left and create at least the appearance of unity. That way we can just undo the damage with a three word slogan 'F**k Brexit Off'

Here are the current odds on next PM:

Keir Starmer 4
Jeremy Hunt 7
Liz Truss 13/2

As my horse isn't in the race (Howling Laud Hope is dead) I'm going for anyone but Hunt. Ed Milliband is 200-1 btw

Jeremy Hunt...

*shudder*

Like Michael Howard, he has something of the night about him

I love a good fantasy story.

Most Brexiteers do that's why we're in this shit.