I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,080

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th August 2019, 10:26 PM

Important message to all members: in the interests of forum harmony, FFS don't ask! Laughing out loud

Please don't tell me it was arsehole Thatcher

Thatcher ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
I know this is a comedy forum but I was being serious.

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th August 2019, 10:48 PM

Thatcher ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
I know this is a comedy forum but I was being serious.

Laughable that there are morons who thought she was wonderful. Actually it's quite creepy rather than funny.

Hello.
:)

Predictable Mr. Garnett.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th August 2019, 11:21 PM

Laughable that there are morons who thought she was wonderful. Actually it's quite creepy rather than funny.

One is entitled to one's opinion.

Unless one is right wing of course!

This moron will get his coat.

I'm not left or right.
The right think capitalism is good and the left think it's bad but can make it good.
I don't agree with either.

When Thatcher left she had tears in her eyes after she had been stabbed in the back by her own MP's. Now she's an icon to the same people, work that out?
All the woman did was bring hunger and strife to the poor in a bid to be accepted by her fellow conservatives , what she didn't realise was that they only saw her as a 'Shop Keeps Daughter' that means its ok to shag her but there's no way she can be allowed to marry into the family . Esther McVey is currently filling that role.

The remainer MPs walked into that one from Boris didn't they. Their weakness is to blame. They've been squabbling with themselves for three years about what route to take and when they finally decide a course of action they can agree on, Boris trumps them. If there's an election Boris will win. History tells us strong leadership always wins out over weak leadership.

And I'm fed up of all their No one voted for a No Deal Brexit crap. Well no one voted for a Deal Brexit either. It was In or Out. We voted Out. Surely that means just Out, regardless of any deal or not. Legally the remainers don't have a leg to stand on, except that our remainer infested Judiciary will try and find a way again of subverting the law in their favour. Shut them out too.

Some views from Alfred J Ukipper there. Who's on line 2?

No one has caused a fuss over the last 3 years except remain voters.
Leave voters have just watched the show.
They thought they were gaining ground to have a democratic vote overturned...until Uncle Boris stymied them.
Ooh that had to hurt.

The irony of 'it's undemocratic to prorouge parliament' is lost on them.
Boris might play the fool - but he certainly isn't one.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2019, 8:45 AM

No one has caused a fuss over the last 3 years except remain voters.
Leave voters have just watched the show.

Interesting distortion of reality there. And I personally think being concerned over the economic stability and wellbeing of this country is worth making a fuss about.

And yes, Boris has outplayed his opponents and opponents of Brexit, but it may well turn into a Pyrrhic victory.

I've said this for years. As far as I'm concerned, they can put a f**king great padlock on the front door, throw the key away and start all over again with something that is truly democratic, not this heap o' shit gravy train we have now.

You have a serious look at that building they are currently spending £90 odd million (?) on now - it's four storeys high and double banked. How much is that "club" costing us per week? One million? 2? 3? £10,000,000 a week?

Subsidised bars, subsidised restaurants, unlimited expenses, so called "Lords" just need to turn up and sign in to get £350 A DAY, etc. etc. et f**king cetera,................IT'S A FUCKING JOKE.

How about:
Do away with elections and all party politics, use random number selection to choose MPs from the population. Each has to serve 4 (or 5 years) as an MP. overlapped i.e. half the MPs change every 2 and a half years.

Choose a PM by random selection from the MPs

~~~~

Oh, and anyone who actually WANTS to be an MP is automatically disqualified.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th August 2019, 10:09 PM

432 MPs voted against the withdrawal agreement on 15 January 2019, I don't think even Jacob Rees-Mogg would claim that many members.

Yes.
And on March 29th it was defeated 344 to 286.
34 Tories held out (ERG) as did the DUP.
if they hadn't, the Bill would have gone through 330 to 300.
And, at the risk of repeating myself, us "Remoaners" could have done nothing about it.
Sorry to drag facts in, but there you go.
Full details here. https://ig.ft.com/brexit-exit-deal-vote/