I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,961

Quote: zooo @ 31st October 2017, 11:23 AM

Yeah, and Christmas Day!

I mean we've JUST had Christmas Eve.

And it happens every single year! Why not have Christmas every four years? It's good enough for the World Cup!

Quote: playfull @ 31st October 2017, 11:23 AM

Is that the first "Bah Humbug!" of the season?

If it is, I'm justly proud.
:D

Latest information from Southern Railways on their service on Lewes Bonfire night:

"Trains will not call at the following stations on Saturday 4 November from approx. midday until the end of service:
Cooksbridge, Falmer, Glynde, Lewes, London Road (Brighton), Moulsecoomb.

These changes have been made to ensure public safety at the busy Lewes Bonfire celebrations. There will be no trains or replacement buses serving Lewes after midday. We do not recommend you relying on Brighton & Hove bus services to or from the Lewes Bonfire Night as they will be very busy."

I remember when people attending special events were catered for by running extra trains rather than just being abandoned.

Do Red Indians celebrate Thanksgiving?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st October 2017, 1:14 PM

Do Red Indians celebrate Thanksgiving?

Some do, but they'd all punch you in the mouth for calling them Red Indians.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st October 2017, 1:21 PM

Some do, but they'd all punch you in the mouth for calling them Red Indians.

How?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st October 2017, 3:19 PM

How?

:D

Maybe like that:

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st October 2017, 3:19 PM

How?

And another racist remark!

I'm appalled. :P

Quote: DaButt @ 31st October 2017, 4:07 PM

And another racist remark!

I'm appalled. :P

Me um travel um many moons, white man um speak um with fork um tongue: "Thwlep fthiss thunup"

I hate white people.

Quote: zooo @ 31st October 2017, 5:13 PM

I hate white people.

Doesn't everyone these days?

I should hope so. We are the worst.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st October 2017, 12:44 PM

Latest information from Southern Railways on their service on Lewes Bonfire night:

"Trains will not call at the following stations on Saturday 4 November from approx. midday until the end of service:
Cooksbridge, Falmer, Glynde, Lewes, London Road (Brighton), Moulsecoomb.

These changes have been made to ensure public safety at the busy Lewes Bonfire celebrations. There will be no trains or replacement buses serving Lewes after midday. We do not recommend you relying on Brighton & Hove bus services to or from the Lewes Bonfire Night as they will be very busy."

I remember when people attending special events were catered for by running extra trains rather than just being abandoned.

There's been no access to Lewes on Bonfire Night for decades now.

Quote: Nogget @ 1st November 2017, 6:21 AM

There's been no access to Lewes on Bonfire Night for decades now.

They were certainly running trains up to at least 2013:

http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/lewes-bonfire-last-trains/

http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/news-archive/2013/10/lewes-bonfire-night-tuesday-5th-november/

Lewis bonfire night has to be one of my favourite memories. The torch light parades and shear numbers of people. I seem to remember feeling like cattle, penned into the train we took. There were so many people, it was either free or people didn't bother paying. So maybe the train company thinks no fare is not fair ? Or do most people wind the windows up and avoid stopping in Lewis these days ?