I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,533

Quote: sootyj @ 20th April 2014, 6:20 PM BST

What a Farrago

More like what a Kilroy-Silko. This news is ten years old. Rusty Lee has probably fully oxidised by now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/20/josie-cunningham-nhs-boob-job-abortion-big-brother_n_5181670.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Now here is a story that is bound to warm your heart. It so speaks for itself that I can't even be bothered to do a sexist rant about it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:32 PM BST

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/20/josie-cunningham-nhs-boob-job-abortion-big-brother_n_5181670.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Now here is a story that is bound to warm your heart. It so speaks for itself that I can't even be bothered to do a sexist rant about it.

I dread to think what she'll look like in 10 years time.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:32 PM BST

More like what a Kilroy-Silko. This news is ten years old. Rusty Lee has probably fully oxidised by now.

Thankfully there's virtually no way she's going to get clearance for an abortion after that article.
Although it defies the imagination that it's considered a news story.

Good to see Big Brothers staying classy as ever.

As sad as that is, you either believe in reproductive freedom or you don't. We cannot cast a moral judgement on each woman who chooses to abort a baby.

18 weeks though. :( I hope she's getting some help.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th April 2014, 6:36 PM BST

Thankfully there's virtually no way she's going to get clearance for an abortion after that article.

Good to see Big Brothers staying classy as ever.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Lots of women have abortions for career based reasons.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th April 2014, 6:36 PM BST

She's going private for the abortion and the Premier League footballer is paying for it.

It's considered a news story because it confirms to a lot of people how they think society is going down the shitter. Anyone who wants to trade an unborn baby for a pink Range Rover is news worthy in my book.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

you need 2 doctors to sign off for some quite specific reasons, as she's made it clear in the press that she wants it for career reasons. Then it'll take 2 doctors pretty sure about their careers.

It's just publicity bollox as BB always is, it really is the swamp of TV

Quote: Jennie @ 20th April 2014, 6:39 PM BST

As sad as that is, you either believe in reproductive freedom or you don't.

You either make statements that are absolutes or you don't. I don't think you can sum it up with a single black and white decree. We already have some limitations surrounding abortion, I think they're pretty fair.

Otherwise you're asking me to support gender specific abortions or very late terminations and I'm not comfortable with that.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th April 2014, 6:42 PM BST

Then it'll take 2 doctors pretty sure about their careers.

She's going private, the doctors don't care.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:40 PM BST

She's going private for the abortion and the Premier League footballer is paying for it.

It's considered a news story because it confirms to a lot of people how they think society is going down the shitter. Anyone who wants to trade an unborn baby for a pink Range Rover is news worthy in my book.

It applies to private health as well.

Can we change the subject, this is pretty unedifying.

They can force you to have a baby even if you don't want it? Seems quite horrific.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:44 PM BST

We already have some limitations surrounding abortion, I think they're pretty fair.

We do in law, in practice any woman who wants an abortion (prior to 24 weeks) will get one.

What do you consider to be an acceptable reason to get an abortion?

At that stage, it's a complex, dangerous operation both physically and psychologically.
At that stage any responsible doctor would be questioning any medical procedure.

I just noticed little prince George has a Kim Jung Un haircut. What the f**k.

Quote: Jennie @ 20th April 2014, 6:47 PM BST

What do you consider to be an acceptable reason to get an abortion?

You've got the usual list - rape, incest, health of the mother, quality of life for the baby, etc.

Appearing on Channel 5's Big Brother is probably not on my list.

People get abortions all the time. Not a big deal. Certainly not worth reporting in a newspaper.
People also do stupid crap they think will get them on BB all the time. Boob jobs, facial surgery probably.
There are a lot of sad weirdos about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-reverses-decision-to-refuse-visa-to-jamaican-woman-wanting-to-donate-kidney-to-brother-9272345.html

according to the BBC 5 minutes ago, she's still been refused. If the borders agency can't keep an eye on a woman recovering from having a kidney removed.

Then they might not be fit for purpose.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:51 PM BST

You've got the usual list - rape, incest, health of the mother, quality of life for the baby, etc.

Appearing on Channel 5's Big Brother is probably not on my list.

Fair point.

But with the NHS with most procedures, you just have to convince them you'll kill yourself, or someone else if you don't have it.

Quote: zooo @ 20th April 2014, 6:53 PM BST

People get abortions all the time. Not a big deal. Certainly not worth reporting in a newspaper.

If the newspapers did report on abortions each time they occurred, then you might have a point.

However, when you lie to get £5000 worth of free titties on the NHS, sell your body for money, deliberately get pregnant by the richest client you can find and then tell people you're getting an abortion, a few days after Tweeting the ultrasound, so you can be famous, then it's kind of a big deal.