I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,530

and the underlying motivation.

http://www.funquizcards.com/quiz/personality/result.php?quizid=775&optno=2

One of these days I'm going to put up a topic for discussion and instead of everyone having a pop at me, they'll actually discuss the topic.

It's an impossible dream, I know. But I live in hope.

But you have no interest in discussing any of these topics. You just want to scream "LOOK AT ME!" all the time. After a while people work out there's nothing to see here.

Ok RCP, you need to approach the discussions differently.

Frankly my problem is I know you are neither as foolish or as mean spirited as you try and make yourself seem.

So running 3 fairly reasonable stories together is quite an obvious way to get a rise.

Take for example the Delta Airline one. It's an interesting story, what is acceptable on a plane and what isn't?

Why for example can I get dangerously drunk, buy a glass bottle full of volatile alcohol. But I can't smoke? Or trim my nails.
Who decided that breast feeding is obsene, but boobs on an inflight movie isn't?

Now here's an interesting one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/you-cant-smoke-e-cigarettes-in-planes-2013-2
ecigs are banned on planes and that's years before any of the other touted bans.

Should vapers as I believe they like to be called, team up with breast feeding mothers?

And maybe the solution is to ditch this ridiculous idea that boobs are obsesen, but moobs aren't? (outside of Essex theme parks)

Quote: Badge @ 18th April 2014, 2:00 PM BST

But you have no interest in discussing any of these topics. You just want to scream "LOOK AT ME!" all the time. After a while people work out there's nothing to see here.

Now, that would be true if I were to post in every thread or if I were to make every discussion about myself.

Creating interest and discussion about a topic on two or three threads is hardly the most egotistical or vainglorious of behaviours.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th April 2014, 2:00 PM BST

Take for example the Delta Airline one. It's an interesting story, what is acceptable on a plane and what isn't?

Why for example can I get dangerously drunk, buy a glass bottle full of volatile alcohol. But I can't smoke? Or trim my nails.
Who decided that breast feeding is obsene, but boobs on an inflight movie isn't?

You've written exactly the same thing as I've written but used different words and phrasing to make it less interesting. Why would I want to tone down my uniquely adversarial style to make topics less appealing?

Being adversarial is neither unique nor something to be proud of.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 18th April 2014, 5:43 PM BST

Being adversarial is neither unique nor something to be proud of.

Frankie Boyle and Stewart Lee made a good living out of it.

Well, you must be doing it wrong ;)

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 18th April 2014, 7:20 PM BST

Well, you must be doing it wrong ;)

Admittedly, it's a bit like doing Jerry Sadowitz material in front of the Women's Institute around here. Comedy fans are miserable buggers. ;)

I find Jerry Sadowitz funny when he's trying to annoy the audience.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 18th April 2014, 7:26 PM BST

Admittedly, it's a bit like doing Jerry Sadowitz material in front of the Women's Institute around here. Comedy fans are miserable buggers. ;)

I think Raymond said you must be doing it wrong, not that the audience were wrong. God bless you RC, more spin than an Indisit on the final rinse ;)

I think the rules say you can insult your audience but can't say they lack of sense of humour.

(Slow clapping for RCP).

Well, I'm going to defend RCP (and not because I want to shag him, before you say anything Soots).

Yes, he is a little antagonistic but he has some genuinely interesting things to say and has caused me to pause and think on more than one occasion. I don't think he asks or expects us to take him seriously all the time.

The forum would be a boring place if everyone was nice and he never gets personal in his comments.

I have seen some really unpleasant and unnecessary things posted on here and it has never come from him.

Quote: Jennie @ 18th April 2014, 9:30 PM BST

Well, I'm going to defend RCP (and not because I want to shag him, before you Soots).

Women these days everything has to be organised, RCP you've got till 27June, as that's the date Jennie sent an invite to me on shagweirdo.com

Quote: Jennie @ 18th April 2014, 9:30 PM BST

Well, I'm going to defend RCP (and not because I want to shag him, before you say anything Soots).

Yes, he is a little antagonistic but he has some genuinely interesting things to say and has caused me to pause and think on more than one occasion. I don't think he asks or expects us to take him seriously all the time.

The forum would be a boring place if everyone was nice and he never gets personal in his comments.

I have seen some really unpleasant and unnecessary things posted on here and it has never come from him.

And in response, I'd like to say how much I enjoy conversing with Jennie. Who I find terrifyingly intelligent, extremely well educated and very knowledgeable about all things, especially the law.

However, for those who find disdain in my rather brusque form of communication, I will be off the BCG from next Tuesday evening until Sunday as I've got a good friend coming into town from America and we will be, and I quote, 'partying our asses off' for the entire time. Woo! Shot! Shot! Shot! Jaeger Bombs! High Five! Etc, etc.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 18th April 2014, 8:46 PM BST

God bless you RC, more spin than an Indisit on the final rinse ;)

10 years of working in PR will do that to a person. I don't even know which way is up anymore. ;)