I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,399

We agree OH tubby one!

Quote: dellas @ 9th January 2014, 6:48 PM GMT

Sorry but some people can get away with really bad anti-social behaviour? just saying?..

As Soots says, there are already laws in place to deal with anti social behaviour.

The problem is, they don't work. There are only two groups of people who get ASBOS.

1) Drunks being drunks.
Terms are things like don't drink in public/don't swear/don't get your cock out in front on little old ladies etc.

The problem is, these people are too sozzled to remember what day of the week it is, let alone the terms of their ASBO. They breach it then deny having breached it because they are too drunk to remember breaching it. So we have a pointless trial, they are convicted, go to prison for a couple of weeks, get out back onto the street and start drinking again. Rinse and Repeat.

I have had judges revoke ASBOS, because after breach 82 it is deemed pointless to continue.

2) Kids being little shits.
I get how annoying it is to have gangs of yoofs hanging around. I live in Lewisham FGS. But really - an ASBO not to "look threatening" or "not to swear in the London Borough of Croydon" aren't ever going to work. We have weeks upon weeks of pointless ASBO applications, hearing evidence of how Mrs Miggins was upset because naughty Jamie rode his BMX towards her dog in a threatening manner.

Kid breaches because he doesn't realise how serious it is to say "f**k" in the London Borough of Croydon. Doesn't go to prison because he is a kid. Goes to YOT instead. Breaches YOT. Goes to prison. Rinse and repeat.

So in conclusion, all pointless.

The people I know who run tennants groups on housing estates think they're awesome. When applied properly they can curb anti social behaviour.

The problem is as Jenny points out they appeal to petty minded wankers. And particularly with kids, there can be multiple agencies refusing to handle the problem

Quote: Jennie @ 9th January 2014, 7:08 PM GMT

There are only two groups of people who get ASBOS.

Unfortunately! Would love to see the following eliminated from city centres -

violent gypsies
aggressive beggars
chuggers
nutty religious bods
young mums who walk three abreast blocking the pavement with their bastard buggies
people who walk backwards and forwards talking on mobile phones
anyone who uses the expressions 'Mind your business', 'at the end of the day right' and 'don't you judge me'
slow moving elderly people
anyone who looks shifty - you know the type

Kids chasing f**king pigeons.

Well, if "Injunctions to Prevent Nuisance and Annoyance" become available, you may get your wish RCP.

I dunno violent people in general will do for me.

Although the thing with chuggers madden me, because you're not actually asking for cash donations. They subvert all the roles on soliciting donations in the street.

I would personally add tourists who don't know how to walk in proper racing lines in tube stations.

Kids riding scooters everywhere.

Quote: zooo @ 9th January 2014, 7:58 PM GMT

Kids chasing f**king pigeons.

Quite if you don't let them f**k in peace, no more pigeons.

Quote: Jennie @ 9th January 2014, 8:00 PM GMT

you may get your wish RCP.

Woo! Including scummy alkies who use their kid's bike to buy cider from the Offy in the estate?

But given his propensity to offend he himself will be at home with a tag around his ankle. One should be careful what one wishes for...

Quote: Tursiops @ 9th January 2014, 8:05 PM GMT

But given his propensity to offend he himself will be at home with a tag around his ankle.

Much like the high street retailer, most of my offending is done online these days.

Indeed, there is always a risk of being caught in your own fishing net. We are all annoying to somebody.

I really don't know what I think about this. I'm not sure why it needs publicising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25666416

If someone did that to me, I would want to cut his balls off. I would not be concerned about "going to a healthy place together".

It seems to slightly undermine the experiences of others in this most brutal and dehumanising of crimes.

The amount RCP abuses himself, he'd never be allowed to stay in the same house as himself.

Quote: Jennie @ 9th January 2014, 8:11 PM GMT

Indeed, there is always a risk of being caught in your own fishing net. We are all annoying to somebody.

I really don't know what I think about this. I'm not sure why it needs publicising.

If someone did that to me, I would want to cut his balls off. I would not be concerned about "going to a healthy place together".

It seems to slightly undermine the experiences of others in this most brutal and dehumanising of crimes.

I guess it's about her getting on with her life and him not being apart from it.

I mean when people don't press charges it's nuts, but otherwise it's about you're in my past.

Quote: Jennie @ 9th January 2014, 8:11 PM GMT

Meet The Fockers

This 'meet and greet' has been trialled with a number of different crimes lately with mixed results.

Rape is a bit different, as the vast majority of attacks are carried out by someone the victim already knew, so there would be no point meeting with them again.