I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,394

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 3:27 PM GMT

For the record RCP is a lovely and witty human being, when he isnt pointlessly winding people up.

So that's never, then?
Whistling nnocently

But actually, I do agree, so stop being a prat and be affable instead.

Quote: Harridan @ 7th January 2014, 3:31 PM GMT

But actually, I do agree, so stop being a prat and be affable instead.

I am affable, I don't bully other members of the BCG, I rarely make personal insults, I have interesting things to say and my grammar and spelling can reach levels of adequacy on a good day.

Now let us alight gaily to the news-go-round -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25641941

Ooh, two people have been found guilty of sending abusive Tweets to Criado-Perez over the tenner lady. What's shocking is that one of them is a woman! Betrayed by your sisters once again. I feel for you ladies.

Console

They look like twins.

I'm not even sure who you're trying to wind up here, why not just moon the moon.

Quote: zooo @ 7th January 2014, 3:48 PM GMT

They look like twins.

Presumably sharing the odd chromosome along the way. I suspect that a lot of abusive Tweeters have deep seated psychological problems.

Then again, Jane Austen is a load of middle class, pedestrian, conformist shite. Mary Shelley should have been on the notes, she's a proper feminist and no mistaking.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 3:50 PM GMT

I'm not even sure who you're trying to wind up here, why not just moon the moon.

This thread is about the news, not the Renegade Carpark Appreciation Thread. Please try to stay on topic.

:P

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 3:27 PM GMT

For the record RCP is a lovely and witty human being, when he isnt pointlessly winding people up.

I begin to suspect that it is a form of obsessive-compulsive behaviour; sadly I doubt he understands himself why he does it any more, and would just like to be able to stop...

Going back to the cat thing, my next door neighbour's moggy has a similar affliction; whichever side of the gate he is on he has to be on the other, and he spends all day piteously mewling to be let through. The thing is that if he really wanted to be on the other side he knows perfectly well how to get their without troubling anyone. I suppose it all started with attention seeking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2D-T6O7myQ

I think this sketch illustrates how your windups work better than mere words.

Quote: Tursiops @ 7th January 2014, 4:00 PM GMT

I begin to suspect that it is a form of obsessive-compulsive behaviour; sadly I doubt he understands himself why he does it any more, and would just like to be able to stop...

I understand fully why I do it - to combat hypocritical, duplicitous, group think and challenge perceptions. Is it not obvious? No, I suppose it wouldn't be for some people.

*sigh* I'm a Sherlock trapped in a room full of Andersons.

But RCP you usually target individuals and their own beliefs, so surely that's the opposite of group think.
That and most of your views are pretty consistently, small minded, petty, Daily Mail frottage.
You're like Jordan writing a guide to monogamy.

Sorry Stylee, we have done this one to death. You are going to have to think of your own wind up.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 3:46 PM GMT

-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25641941

Ooh, two people have been found guilty of sending abusive Tweets to Criado-Perez over the tenner lady.

Console

I wonder what the tweets actually were?

Now I am properly angry.

The girl with the Mulberry is one of my closest friends. She was given the handbag by her mother after spending months at home nursing her terminally ill father.

The Fail knew this and still printed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534669/Thousands-barristers-walk-protest-plans-slash-220m-legal-aid-budget.html

I am pretty much beside myself with rage.

That's pretty vile.

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 4:47 PM GMT

Now I am properly angry.

The girl with the Mulberry is one of my closest friends. She was given the handbag by her mother after spending months at home nursing her terminally ill father.

The Fail knew this and still printed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534669/Thousands-barristers-walk-protest-plans-slash-220m-legal-aid-budget.html

I am pretty much beside myself with rage.

The weird thing is they're pretty much the only paper with a proper apprenticeship scheme that actually helps people.

Then they print, petty minded, rotten stuff like this to appeal to the lowest possible common denominator.

Sympathy, but I suppose they dump on anyone who protests or strikes.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 4:55 PM GMT

The weird thing is they're pretty much the only paper with a proper apprenticeship scheme that actually helps people.

Then they print, petty minded, rotten stuff like this to appeal to the lowest possible common denominator.

Sympathy, but I suppose they dump on anyone who protests or strikes.

I know I shouldn't expect any better from then. Even if she had bought it herself, why the f**k shouldn't she have a Mulberry? She went to Oxford, she works extremely hard, she is a skilled professional. If she wants to spend her money on a handbag, let her. It has nothing to do with the actual debate and issues.

There are some serious knuckle draggers in the comments section too "I think we should let the army run our legal system". Yeaaahhh....

Quote: Tim Azure @ 7th January 2014, 4:59 PM GMT

Get those lawyers back where they should be-prosecuting Mail journalists!

Damn straight! :D