I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,387

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/31/rory-mcilroy-caroline-wozniacki-engaged

Like I give a f**k . . .

Hey Gordon! Do you drive?

Headlights on 24/7 now if you do.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st December 2013, 10:10 AM GMT

According to the news Michael Schumacher's condition has improved a little bit, but the situation is still life threatening.

Still no "all-clear". :( But at least it didn't get worse.

It's not uncommon for people to make remarkable recoveries from these sort of injuries.

RIP Uncle Phil (also known as James Avery). :( :(

:(

He and Alfonso Ribieiro were the real heroes of The Fresh Prince imo.

Yep, they're all great. And he was only 65!

Quote: zooo @ 1st January 2014, 8:13 PM GMT

Yep, they're all great. And he was only 65!

On behalf of Bilwill and myself, thanks for that zooo!

:D

Quote: zooo @ 1st January 2014, 8:03 PM GMT

RIP Uncle Phil (also known as James Avery). :( :(

For a hopeful moment there I thought you were talking about Phil the Greek.

You are obsessed!

Quote: keewik @ 1st January 2014, 8:45 PM GMT

Phil the Greek.

Had to Google that one...didn't know you call him that over there.

It's been a hell of a day here and no mistake . . .

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/emergency-services/2014/01/01/huge-trees-crush-garden-fence-in-wolverhampton/

:O

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2014/jan/02/roger-federer-smash-brisbane-invitational-video

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd January 2014, 8:45 PM GMT

:O

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2014/jan/02/roger-federer-smash-brisbane-invitational-video

That's me boy!

Thirty years on from the miners' strike there are growing calls for a public inquiry into allegations of widespread miscarriages of justice - with claims that many picketers were arrested on bogus charges and evidence was falsified to get them to court.

The Home Office has so far refused to comment on the inquiry demands. Cabinet papers relating to the 1984-5 miners' strike are due to be published on Friday.

"I remember hearing the sound of glass smashing and then within seconds there was just a stampede. People were falling over themselves trying to get out of the way. It was every man for himself."

Miner Ray Riley had been picketing at Frickley Colliery in West Yorkshire in November 1984 when trouble broke out.

Mr Riley had a head wound after being arrested and assaulted
Fleeing a police charge, he had taken refuge in a nearby garden when he was arrested and assaulted by a group of police officers.

He needed stitches to a head wound and was taken straight from hospital to a police cell and charged with breach of the peace. The police said he threw a missile before he ran and struggled violently on arrest - both claims he strenuously denies.

"I'm saying absolutely and emphatically that the police fitted me up. If convicted I would have been instantly dismissed from British Coal. A lot depended on it, they were quite serious odds and I took it upon myself to do a bit of my own detective work," he said.

Mr Riley went back to the estate where events took place and found two residents who contradicted the police version of his arrest, backed up his account and threw doubt on that of the officers.

A jury cleared him of the charge and he went on to win compensation from West Yorkshire Police.

But more than 11,000 people were arrested during the strike and more than 8,000 were charged - mostly with breach of the peace and obstruction.

Pat Gore, the solicitor who represented Mr Riley, said his acquittal was against the odds.

"It was very difficult if you were in court and the evidence was that of the police and that of you, as a miner. The benefit of the doubt was generally given to the police and therefore I think a lot of people felt quite aggrieved at the outcome of those court hearings," she said.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "While many issues relating to the incident have already been dealt with through the courts, if there are any outstanding matters which Mr Riley feels are still unresolved, we believe that it is vital and in the public interest that these are addressed."

F**king FILTH