I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,190

Quote: Pingl @ April 11 2013, 12:58 PM BST

What a woman though, there would have been no need for Thatcher if her and Wilson's 'In place of Strife' legislation had gone through.

She had a great political radar and also introduced SERPs in the mid 70s, as depsite what robbing pension funds tell us, the knowledge that people are living longer is not new.

And never mind heartless lefties having a party over MRs T's passing, what kind of friends and political heirs are they to risk organsing this repulsive political canonisation?

If Cameron had any political nouse he would have made sure Thatcher was buried peacefully with a diginified private funeral attended friends and family.

"This morning's YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 28%, LAB 42%, LDEM 12%, UKIP 11%. The Conservative figure is the lowest YouGov have shown since the election... "

Clarkson has been invited to the funeral!

Another thing that puzzles me is these are the days of sex equality. So why does it seem that she is having military honours for being a female PM?

I'm more bothered that it's cost US £10m

Stick her in a f**kin skip

I think her estate is paying for half of it.

£5m would do a lot for some hospitals/schools/care homes . .

We've already spunked £10bn on the Olympics, which rather puts other wastes of money into perspective. ;)

Quote: zooo @ April 11 2013, 8:49 PM BST

We've already spunked 10bn on the Olympics

I blame Jennifer Ennis.

Nobody spent £10m on my nana's funeral last year

and she had a trillion times more goodness in her than that cold hearted spiteful old sod!

Angry

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 11 2013, 8:52 PM BST

I blame Jennifer Ennis.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ April 11 2013, 8:49 PM BST

We've already spunked £10bn on the Olympics, which rather puts other wastes of money into perspective. ;)

And who agreed with that apart from the 'joiner inners' the sort who wear Union Flag plastic bowler hats at Wimbledon when the sour faced Scottish twat is playing.

If her death has done anything it has served to at least motivate political discussion across the country.

As the media in the main is right wing and the given that BBC is frightened of appearing biased the internet has been a real saviour.

Despite some of the most severest of cuts to some of the weakest people in the poorest communities, we hear little of their plight in mainstream media as it is put out in percentages and in real terms.

In the 70's there were vents for people to express their anger, sadly these days the unions are shackled and worried about their funds being taken and the people seem isolated but sharing a common burden.

The bottom line with this coalition is that only the squeaky wheel gets the oil and now since Thatchers death the polarisation has manifested itself.

We now have two clear camps with completely separate viewpoints and that is a very good start but I fear it will have a more volatile end and will not be placated as easy as some think.

Currently this is a divided nation and ironically it was the man who wanted a Big Society that has tore it apart!

He didnt want a "Big Society" you madman!!!!

There's no such thing!

It's just a sound bite gimmick dreamt up by spin doctors to win an election

And it just about worked cos it put him in number ten

Quote: lofthouse @ April 11 2013, 9:11 PM BST

He didnt want a "Big Society" you madman!!!!

There's no such thing!

It's just a sound bite gimmick dreamt up by spin doctors to win an election

And it just about worked cos it put him in number ten

You might want to read Teddy's post again!

No

He implies Cameron 'wanted' this mythical Big Society

He didn't and doesn't - it's all meaningless bullsplat

Do you think Cameron wants this "Big Society" ?

Really?

Quote: lofthouse @ April 11 2013, 9:33 PM BST

No

He implies Cameron 'wanted' this mythical Big Society

He didn't and doesn't - it's all meaningless bullsplat

Do you think Cameron wants this "Big Society" ?

Really?

You didn't read Teddy's post properly and you're reading something, that isn't there, into mine. Of course it's nonsense you're just stating the bleedin' obvious as if no one else knows it.