Filthy, Rich And Catflap Page 5

I enjoy Filthy, Rich & Catflap, but only in small doses.

Only shown once on the BBC, never repeated on terrestial TV.

Quote: sighdone @ May 27 2011, 11:52 AM BST

I enjoy Filthy, Rich & Catflap, but only in small doses.

Same here. Can be really annoying and childish at times; some segments are almost unwatchable. But when it's works then it's hilarious.

I remember this as quite good. It was as good as The Young Ones.

Rubbish then, rubbish now. Although it is Nigel Planer's best performance and worth a look just for that

Quote: Pingl @ May 26 2013, 12:26 PM BST

Rubbish then, rubbish now. Although it is Nigel Planer's best performance and worth a look just for that

That's a bit harsh. But I agree with your opinion on Planer's Performance. He's really good in that one. But also Edmondson does his job fine. Mayall is really annoying on the other hand. His usual over the top "I want to dominate the whole show" acting goes well if he's only one of a bigger team (as he was in The Young Ones). But if the focus is set on him it can get a bit hard to digest.

I agree.

Very patchy and a definite step back in quality from The Young Ones, but Ralph Filthy was a great character and Eddie is fine. But Mayall's character is sooo bloody irritating!!

Its main failure though is just that most of the story lines are poor. I think the one where they have to get up early to be on TV-am was my fave.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 26 2013, 12:57 PM BST

I agree.

Very patchy and a definite step back in quality from The Young Ones, but Ralph Filthy was a great character and Eddie is fine. But Mayall's character is sooo bloody irritating!!

Its main failure though is just that most of the story lines are poor. I think the one where they have to get up early to be on TV-am was my fave.

"Lager-Frenzy!!!!!!!!!!"

The bits written by Richie and Eddie are the best.

Quote: flappy @ June 1 2013, 10:59 AM BST

The bits written by Richie and Eddie are the best.

How do you know who's written what?

It was written (rather hurriedly) by Ben Elton thinking Rik Mayall would be reworking the scripts with him later. When Mayall found out it was a bit late so he ended up 'additional materialling'. Every time this fascinating subject comes up I repeat something I wrote in my review for this very site so I shall shut up now.

Some bizarre cameos

Barabara Windsor

The Nolans!

Quote: lofthouse @ June 1 2013, 1:56 PM BST

Some bizarre cameos

Barabara Windsor

The Nolans!

Midge Ure.

Is this better than The Young Ones?

Quote: lofthouse @ June 1 2013, 1:56 PM BST

Some bizarre cameos

Barabara Windsor