Tips for New Comedy Writers Page 5

Quote: StephenM @ May 22 2013, 2:13 PM BST

I remember once hearing of a pseudo-measure about how long before internet comments end up referring to the Nazis. I think we should have a different system for here:

Number of posts:

2 - Opinion turns against person who has been relatively succesful at comedy writing

3 - Reasons are put forward for this success, none of which are 'person is good at writing comedy'

7 - View is cited that the reason poster hasn't acheived similar success is because 'those in charge' aren't looking for things that are funny

15 - Random nonsense

29 - A stock photo appears and ignites a caption contest

I'm over the moon. I achieved a personal score of 2/5, that's 40%, folks - way above average for me.

I remember once hearing of a pseudo-measure about how long before internet comments end up referring to the Nazis.

Godwin's Law.

Quote: Tursiops @ May 22 2013, 6:04 PM BST

A good rule is not to post in threads like this unless you want to come across as an arselick, a bitter wannabe or a sanctimonious killjoy...

>_<

Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 23 2013, 8:41 AM BST

Godwin's Law.

Godwin's Law! Thanks Tim.

That's okay-but

2 - Opinion turns against person who has been relatively succesful at comedy writing

I was talking about the catch-all term "new comedy" rather than her in particular, though I did criticise her hair later.

It's no good saying "I wouldn't say that to be successful" and so on, the point is that she has been successful.

Please don't put any store by my actual numbers, they were just randomly plucked out of the air.

Just wanted to try a different way to express how I often feel when I read a thread like this.

How do you give your phone number to a hot chick

Quote: StephenM @ May 24 2013, 3:17 PM BST

Please don't put any store by my actual numbers, they were just randomly plucked out of the air.

Just wanted to try a different way to express how I often feel when I read a thread like this.

Does that actually work?

Tips for comedy writers.... hmmm, let me see.... ok, give up now and save yourself the *rse-ache of it all.
Gervias said it all by stating he'd never seen Alan Yentob run accross a crowded room to hug a writer... so let's look at the facts.
1: Writers are the backbone of most media industry sectors.
2: They are also at the bottom of the food chain and get sh*t on by pretty much everyone, which is based on the assumption that they can A: get representation, B: get a door to open, and C: do lunch at the IVY / Nobu / Asia de Cuba and so on.

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ May 25 2013, 7:02 PM BST

Tips for comedy writers.... hmmm, let me see.... ok, give up now and save yourself the *rse-ache of it all.

...and do what?

Besides comedy writing, like writing, like art and so on is just a creative pastime.

Okay the business of comedy writing may be shit, but that's just the business, isn't it? It's more than submissions and rejections.

I need a bit of help.I want to write a sketch and I need some good advice.Can anyone help me?

Sorry to be blunt David, but I don't really think so.

Quote: David Smith @ May 27 2013, 7:14 PM BST

I need a bit of help.I want to write a sketch and I need some good advice.Can anyone help me?

Space bar after full-stop?

What did Han Solo say to Chewie when he wanted to get off the Millennium falcon & go for a pint.?

Quote: Lazzard @ May 27 2013, 7:45 PM BST

Space bar after full-stop?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 27 2013, 7:50 PM BST

What did Han Solo say to Chewie when he wanted to get off the Millennium falcon & go for a pint.?

:D

Well it seems no one on here will give me advice. Why will someone not give me good advice? Is it because it is against the law for me not to go in to the comedy world? Am I allowed to write? Well BCG there is some questions to think about there.