Doctor Who... Page 957

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 14 2013, 12:38 PM BST

It probably freaked me out a bit.

You're such a well rounded individual that I can't imagine you having suffered any childhood trauma...

Quote: chipolata @ April 14 2013, 12:00 PM BST

The Doctor does seem to be turning into a bit of a tedious windbag these days with all his pompous speechifying.

Just like David Tennant's doctor

David Tennant was amazing.

Looked great from the start, the head in the dark worked well when you could just see the eyes, not so sure when fully revealed. Best one for a while, surprised no one has mentioned ALIEN. Great acting throughout, apart from the odd gurn too many. But yes tension wise it lacked a certain something, with the stakes being so big you know it is going to be resolved. If the back drop is the destruction of the whole world then the story should be about something small and person based within the group. (See CASABLANCA) I am going to give it 7 out of ten as I bet the kids loved it.

It was dreadful at the start but when it finished I thought what a remarkable episode.

Small point, but those long talons would never fit in the hands of that armour suit.

Who is better Matt Smith or David Tennant?

Quote: Marc P @ April 14 2013, 2:55 PM BST

, surprised no one has mentioned ALIEN.

ahem

Worst Doctor?

Shipman.

For some reason he reminded me of The Cat In The Hat than Alien.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 14 2013, 3:09 PM BST

ahem

Ah but I meant chunks of the narrative construct, visuals, designs, its in the wall etc. not just the Alien itself :)

I mentioned that it was an effective Alien riff. Well... on Twitter, not here.

Oh I don't do the twitter thing, but yes it was a riff on it and that's ok. Not the first time. I imagine they are variations of the Labyrinth and the Minotaur myth, but can't remember the details apart from string saving the day in that one I think. :)

Quote: Marc P @ April 14 2013, 3:19 PM BST

Ah but I meant chunks of the narrative construct, visuals, designs, its in the wall etc. not just the Alien itself :)

I mentioned the ventilation system!
*starts to sound a bit needy*

No, you're right - that aspect of it all felt a bit familiar.