STILL ON A HIGH AFTER YESTERDAY!

:D

And that's four times today !

Steeleye Span, even if Partridge does like them
.... Ex Maria virginae gaduete!

Jazz

That's pretty broad !

Yes I know.
Maybe modern Jazz. you know, the rubbish stuff.
Not the jaunty "When The Saints Go Marching In" kind of thing.

Ah ! With you on that, Can't stand that wierdo stuff but, I was a big fan of Brubeck back in the 60s and saw the trio on two or three occasions.

Trad jazz is great though. Sad that Kenny Ball and Terry Lightfoot died so close together.

Why does Kenny ball always remind me of Ken Goodwin.

Reminds me of Kenny G. :/

I really hate novelty music that isn't a novelty to me.

I hate those songs that make others go "C'mon, sing along" and it just makes you feel more grumpy but before the prompt you were mouthing along quite happily. (This could be very specific to me)

I hate song that feature that Smurf sound effect on the vocals. WHO THE FUCK thinks that sounds good in anyway, shape or form (outside of the Smurf albums).

I hate rap music that doesn't embody that original spirit of the early stuff from the Bronx. (Rapping about bling, etc)

Garth Brooks n co.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 2 2013, 9:24 PM BST

With you on that ! And who told Edge. if that's the guitarist, he could play?

What's more, he was on one of those 'greatest guitarists' programmes once, with his special talent apparently being that he uses a lot of effects. I was gobsmacked.

Quote: Lee @ April 3 2013, 2:18 AM BST

I hate song that feature that Smurf sound effect on the vocals. WHO THE FUCK thinks that sounds good in anyway, shape or form (outside of the Smurf albums).

...and Crazy Frog!

Quote: KevD @ April 3 2013, 12:01 AM BST

Steeleye Span, even if Partridge does like them
.... Ex Maria virginae gaduete!

Folkies tend only to chart with novelty numbers that are not much of a reflection of their output, see also Fairport Convention with Si Tu Du Partir, The Strawbs with Part of the Union, or angry crusties Oysterband, who had their one hit as Fiddler's Dram with Daytrip to Bangor.

For an authentic blood-soaked Steeleye murder ballad, try Long Lankin

And I love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4o_4FqMM0

Steeleye Span have many great (rock) songs. Gaudete wasn't exactly representative for their entire career.