BBC America

I know this should be about comedy, but may I (as an Englishman living in the USA) be allowed to comment on the tragedy that is BBC America.

I read of all these wonderful comedy shows, none of which will ever be shown by the BBC in America. Not that great BBC dramas or documentaries make it to BBC America. We do get Graham Norton, but his program runs 45-minutes on Saturday night, with approximately five commercial breaks. As a result, we probably actually get 30 minutes, at most, of a heavily censored Graham Norton. The editing by the BBC is so bad that the show began with Norton talking of some singer who was to appear. She never actually sang, and her appearance was limited to sitting on the end of the couch during the closing remarks. I know the BBC doesn't care, but apparently neither does Graham Norton.

On the few times we do get to see a sitcom, we see half-a-dozen episodes (censored and cut), but then the show never reappears. Again, I ask why are not the creative minds behind these shows protesting to the BBC. Please help those of us in America who want to see current British comedy have the BBC take notice of us. Thank you!

Edited: Paragraphs.

Tbh you ain't missing much....

Quote: Anthony Slide @ March 4 2013, 7:18 PM GMT

I know this should be about comedy, but may I (as an Englishman living in the USA) be allowed to comment on the tragedy that is BBC America.

I read of all these wonderful comedy shows, none of which will ever be shown by the BBC in America. Not that great BBC dramas or documentaries make it to BBC America. We do get Graham Norton, but his program runs 45-minutes on Saturday night, with approximately five commercial breaks. As a result, we probably actually get 30 minutes, at most, of a heavily censored Graham Norton. The editing by the BBC is so bad that the show began with Norton talking of some singer who was to appear. She never actually sang, and her appearance was limited to sitting on the end of the couch during the closing remarks. I know the BBC doesn't care, but apparently neither does Graham Norton.

On the few times we do get to see a sitcom, we see half-a-dozen episodes (censored and cut), but then the show never reappears. Again, I ask why are not the creative minds behind these shows protesting to the BBC. Please help those of us in America who want to see current British comedy have the BBC take notice of us. Thank you!

Edited: Paragraphs.

Interesting to hear what goes on over in the States!

On the other hand my OFAH DVD's from BBC AMERICA seem to contain many scenes that were cut from the British editions.