Black Mirror - Series 2 Page 3

Quote: Lee @ February 23 2013, 1:57 AM GMT

I don't understand why it played out for her, the way it did? I got the torment by being filmed, but the rest was just odd? Why the apocalyptic feel?

I think there were supposed to be parallels between the torment she went through and the atrocity she visited upon the child, but really I feel the answer is simply that Brooker enjoys writing post-apocalyptic stuff.

Quote: Lee @ February 23 2013, 1:57 AM GMT

I totally didn't get that :/ I get it now you mention it but I was just a bit confused throughout the last bit. I don't understand why it played out for her, the way it did? I got the torment by being filmed, but the rest was just odd? Why the apocalyptic feel? The Running Man's arena would have made more sense than the little adventure she went through.

I suspect he had an idea for a post-appocalyptic drama and another idea for a drama about how to punish criminals and decided to combine them.

Although was it filmed for an actual TV show? I got the impression it was just a Justice Theme Park whereby different people came and visited each day and saw that woman suffering. I may be wrong but I didn't get the feeling it was broadscast. In fact as a TV show it wouldn't work because it would just be largely the same every day.

Quote: chipolata @ February 23 2013, 12:43 PM GMT

I got the impression it was just a Justice Theme Park whereby different people came and visited each day and saw that woman suffering. I may be wrong but I didn't get the feeling it was broadscast.

Agree.

Totes.

Yeah, that's what confused me.

probably my favourite of the 2 series yet. The next one looks good too. and very different from the first 2.

Quote: chipolata @ February 23 2013, 12:43 PM GMT

In fact as a TV show it wouldn't work because it would just be largely the same every day.

Perhaps people spectate on the off-chance that it does take a tangent, kind of like the way people watch Nascar hoping to see a car crash.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 23 2013, 4:40 PM GMT

Perhaps people spectate on the off-chance that it does take a tangent, kind of like the way people watch Nascar hoping to see a car crash.

There was one at the weekend. It was pretty good.

I don't think it was a TV show, just a theme park that used a the mobiles as TV transmitters/receivers for its customers amusement.

Quote: chipolata @ February 25 2013, 9:55 AM GMT

There was one at the weekend. It was pretty good.

Smashing.

Reminding me a little of Ali G so far.

QI fact: Jack Napier was also the 'real' name of The Joker in Tim Burton's Batman.

It's a bit of an old idea, characture have run in elections

Waldo is an allegory for Boris Johnson

Boris Johnso is far more dangerous

I'm enjoying it, never watched it before but as usual coming late to the party.