Black Mirror - Series 2 Page 5

I thought he looked like a scrubbed up Rufus Hound. (The bloke in the show, not Renegade.)

Quote: David Bussell @ February 26 2013, 10:25 AM GMT

Can you describe that image?

Not really. In my mind BCGers are a bit cartoonish and amorphous, constantly changing. Like Baba Papa or Odo.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2013, 10:40 AM GMT

Not really. In my mind BCGers are a bit cartoonish and amorphous, constantly changing. Like Baba Papa or Odo.

Interesting. I can't say I've ever held a firm image of you in my head (largely for the reason that I have no idea what you actually look like) but I do remember you once saying you looked a bit like a Cylon.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 26 2013, 10:16 AM GMT

The guy who looks just like a scrubbed-up Renegade Carpark you mean?

I thought that!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 25 2013, 10:56 PM GMT

Did it have to go all science fictiony at the end? was good up until then.

It's Brooker's "inner ten year-old" which compels him to include some sort of juvenile aspect in everything he does.

Didn't like the final episode much at all, it had all the indifferent dramatic stuff of the other two, but without a particularly interesting twist to (partially) compensate for sitting through it. The cinematography was nice, but wasted on such feeble fare.
Hour-long shows need to have a lot more in them than these.

I really didn't enjoy this one.

Wasn't there a thing towards the end that it was based on an old Nathan Barley idea? I think it would have worked better as that.

It's a great point that excessive cynicism actually allows the nasty old parties to thrive. But it was mixed up with so much stuff about him shagging the labour candidate and the CIA it ended up a bit of a pudding. And the actual Waldo character was just vile. But then mixed it in with great big chunks of him standing upto the conservative candidate which didn't work.

I thought the other 2 were brilliant (albeit the clone bit wasn't neccesary imho)

Quote: Nogget @ February 27 2013, 6:08 AM GMT

It's Brooker's "inner ten year-old" which compels him to include some sort of juvenile aspect in everything he does.

I gotta say if the end up was; "dark dystopian future where cartoon character comes second in bielection!"

would have been almost hilariously underplayed.
I think they should have had the balls to go for a more important election.

This last episode of Black Mirror did take some understanding but in my opinion it was more to do with the public's Distrust of actual politicians and it did that well. All in all it was having a poke at the darker side of politics.

I liked it. My advice is,watch it again.

Yeh I got that.

I just felt it was a clumsy interpretation.

I will guarantee Charlie Brooker has always wanted to have a poke at the "zeitgeist" "bring um down" if you will. I think he has done it with this in typical Brooker fashion.

Quote: sootyj @ February 27 2013, 11:25 AM GMT

And the actual Waldo character was just vile.

I think that was deliberate. A clever satirical prankster with a point like Chris Morris or even Sacha Baron Cohen never really got big mainstream audiences.

But if David Walliams or Chris Moyles wanted to have a go on BBC1 or ITV at poking fun at the square politicians, who are just in it for their expenses, Waldo would probably be the limits of their woeful efforts

I got that, but the challenge would have been to make him vile and populist and still be a joke that we're all in on.

When the credits rolled I was bit surprised that that was it. A rude cartoon figure coming second in a by-election isn't really particularly dystopic. The random scene on the street seemed really tacked onto the end and I have no idea what it had to do with the rest of the programme. It was a very confused episode - I don't think it knew what it was driving it.

And I did find the RC lookalike very distracting! The sex scene was downright creepy!

Thanks...................

Quote: simonsmi @ March 9 2013, 8:54 AM GMT

Thanks...................

No, thank you for the contribution!