BBC Transgender Comedy Writing Competition...FFS!! Page 15

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2013, 9:53 AM GMT

Quite. Can we grow the f**k up and move on please.

Somebody watched Bridget Jones Diary the other day - didn't you Laughing out loud

I really don't get what some poeple aren't getting about this!

Some of the language used IS offensive, IS stupid and IS ignorant. You can't hide that behind 'comedy'.

If you want to show how 'funny' you are while incorporating transgender themes then this competition is made for you... Stop moaning, but it may be as well to give a little thought, at least, to what the term means.

It really does seem that a number of people seem to be able to make a very quick leap ( on seemingly any subject ) to sexuality... ( sexuality in as much as which gender that person happens to have sex with ) of course a lot of this ranting and raving is aimed inward rather than outward... It comes down to fear again. When somebody physically attacks a gay person ( simply for being gay ) more often than not the attacker is doing it to show how ' not gay ' they are!... It's often the same with
Verbal or written assaults ( some which can be seen on this thread )

If you are confident about who you are and capable of the smallest amount of intelligent thought you wouldn't do it... What's that you say?... You're just joking?
Well shame on you then it's really not funny.

To me, just on the little I've thought about the subject since I saw this competition is to consider that the largest problem transgender people face, above even the frankly vile hatred that's seems to be constantly spewed towards them is the fact that they are constantly aware that they are unable to take their rightful place in the world because they happen ( through no fault of their own ) to have been born into the wrong body. There are charities set up and concerts organised to raise funds to support people around the world that are imprisoned wrongfully... Isn't this just the same thing?

Doubtless some will want to carry on with their penis fixations and continue to want us all to believe their ' chicks with dicks ' comments are humour but all I hear, when I read them, is: " I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay... " but if it helps think of this: all human life starts off female so all us men, are in fact, just women with dicks!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ January 5 2013, 10:30 AM GMT

Somebody watched Bridget Jones Diary the other day - didn't you Laughing out loud

Actually no, does someone say that?
I have seen it about 3 million times though, so something may have seeped in. ;)

I'm dittoing Zooo.

Quote: Marc P @ January 5 2013, 12:02 PM GMT

I'm dittoing Zooo.

Snigger snigger

Although between trolling, trouble starting, bigotry, single issuing, lack of commas, liberal whining, ignorance and false sympathy, blatant bbc toadying, sour grapes, right wing ranting ,not to mention a pathological misunderstanding of the nature of comedy I'd rename it

Why not to join the bcg

That said the puns have been excellent

Quote: Sinon @ January 5 2013, 10:46 AM GMT

Some of the language used IS offensive, IS stupid and IS ignorant. You can't hide that behind 'comedy'.

Yes you can. It might not be very good comedy but it would still be comedy.

It comes down to fear again.

Maybe. Maybe not.

the frankly vile hatred that's seems to be constantly spewed towards them

No doubt there's discrimination but 'constant hatred'? That seems a bit over the top.

"I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay... "

Some schoolboy jokes about transgender issues are proof that posters on here are terrified of being gay?? You might be right but I think you are making a few assumptions there.

Anyway, I've written a script that is 'good to go'

Upbeat
Positive
Tackles transgender issues
If they could put that stupid French sketch show about women on at 11pm on BBC2 in the middle of the week then they can surely give this deranged nonsense a go

Maybe, you know, close this thread. Anyone interested prob knows about this comp by now. The rest can find something else to argue about.

Quote: Jinky @ January 5 2013, 11:52 PM GMT

Yes you can. It might not be very good comedy but it would still be comedy.

No doubt there's discrimination but 'constant hatred'? That seems a bit over the top.

Some schoolboy jokes about transgender issues are proof that posters on here are terrified of being gay?? You might be right but I think you are making a few assumptions there.

Anyway, I've written a script that is 'good to go'

Upbeat
Positive
Tackles transgender issues
If they could put that stupid French sketch show about women on at 11pm on BBC2 in the middle of the week then they can surely give this deranged nonsense a go

I think, with respect, you may have misunderstood a couple of points I made. I might also take issue with a couple of yours... But I won't.

All the very best with your script though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 6 2013, 12:05 AM GMT

Maybe, you know, close this thread. Anyone interested prob knows about this comp by now. The rest can find something else to argue about.

No we cant

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 6 2013, 12:05 AM GMT

Maybe, you know, close this thread.

Everyone's a moderator.....

Quote: Jinky @ January 6 2013, 9:25 AM GMT

Everyone's a moderator.....

Worst reality show eve r

Hi all,
I'm keen to collaborate on a script for the transgender writing competition.
Take a look at my profile and feel free to email me.
Suzi

This has got to be the funniest thread ever! most of the posters talk and type like its the end of the world about this comp. some even admitting they know shat all about being a trans-gender.

A real trans gender turns up asks you for help with script/offering help, and you ALL back off, now that's funny.

Has anyone entered this comp? because anyone who considers themselves a all round writer must be able to write gay,straight,transgender, or whatever. I don't think its right for any writer especially sitcom writers to show any form of homophobia!

Quote: Nigel Ball @ February 20 2013, 6:52 PM GMT

I don't think its right for any writer especially sitcom writers to show any form of homophobia!

Tell that to Leviticus!

Quote: Nigel Ball @ February 20 2013, 6:52 PM GMT

...anyone who considers themselves a all round writer must be able to write gay,straight,transgender, or whatever

Not really.
There are many genres and subjects on which I wouldn't feel suited to write.