New sitcom 'Jobseekers' filming in Derby

Hi as anyone heard more about this sitcom being filming in the midlands?
I saw this on the net, this could be good. http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-writer-Lee-Dilley-hopes-enjoy-laugh-job/story-18076786-detail/story.html

With ITV's The Job Lot coming up soon, you/they may have quite a struggle.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_job_lot/

I think it's a different angle by the looks of it. Jobseekers as far as I know isnt set in the Job centre , it's about people in and out of jobs.

Depends exactly how the two play out; if Jobseekers is even remotely in the same 'world' - which it appears to be - its chances could really be impeded. Particularly if The Job Lot is a failure, the writers may as well give up on the idea completely. Commissioners will likely be too scared to go near it with a barge pole.

True but if Job lot takes off it could also be a struggle for Jobseekers, although it looks like Jobseekers is being made regardless but without a TV producer behind them. It will be interesting to see how it turns out and if someone buys it or the idea and if they can get any big actors in.

It might make for good viewing if it's anything like my own experiences. I ended up on job seekers a few years ago and I had to go to job club. Let me tell you, some of those people are unwittingly funny.

One bloke said he didn't eat chops, sausages, etc because he said he could see a farm through his bedroom window with animals running around in the field before they went to the chop shop so to speak.

One day the job club teacher person came in eating some chilli with mince. The bloke asked if he could have some. The job club teacher person said "I thought you didn't eat meat because you can see animals on a farm running about". The man replied "Whatever! As if I'm gonna see mince running around in a field."

If anyone wants to write sitcom the job club is one place you should visit. :D :D :D

Yeah I think that's why it works. It seems to be a clash of classes and of course people that want to work and people that don't.
I over heard someone in the job centre say if I liked cheese I would love pizza? Similar to your story I guess.

Best of luck to them - I hope it works out.

Aaron may be right about commissioning attitudes, but Lee and his crew seem to have enough about them to get some funding and make the filming happen so I reckon they'll find a way to get their sitcom out there.

Plus, 'The Job Lot' could be crap.

Any more location filming to report...?

I've just Googled them they are on BBC radio derby tomorrow.

Both Midlands sitcoms, and two amusing points: the writer of Jobseekers lives in Slack Lane, Derby, and the producer of The Job Lot describes Birmingham as "the beating heart of the UK". As a Midlander myself, I wish them both well.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ February 10 2013, 9:49 PM GMT

It might make for good viewing if it's anything like my own experiences. I ended up on job seekers a few years ago and I had to go to job club. Let me tell you, some of those people are unwittingly funny.

One bloke said he didn't eat chops, sausages, etc because he said he could see a farm through his bedroom window with animals running around in the field before they went to the chop shop so to speak.

One day the job club teacher person came in eating some chilli with mince. The bloke asked if he could have some. The job club teacher person said "I thought you didn't eat meat because you can see animals on a farm running about". The man replied "Whatever! As if I'm gonna see mince running around in a field."

I also went to Job Club last year, and I totally see where you're coming from. The two people running it couldn't work their laptop (they couldn't get online, access their information slides, or get signed into the job-searching site they wanted to demonstrate), so I volunteered and sorted it for them in about 2 minutes. What was the class theme for that day? Using computers in job searches. :/

Jobseekers is all about people struggling to find work, Job lot seems to be about people not wanting to work and the people that deal with them.
But yeah it shall be interesting to see the difference , although I think it might be chalk and cheese as Job is a day time thing and from the posters Jobseekers is looking the darker side of Job hunting and possibly aims to be on past the watershed ?

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 12 2013, 1:32 PM GMT

Any more location filming to report...?

All locations will be Derby I guess.

Just heard that auditions are next months so we might get to see whos gonna be in this.