Miranda - Series 3 Page 31

Quote: Lazzard @ January 29 2013, 1:03 PM GMT

Not round here it isn't.
It's a badge of honour.

Peasants! ;)

Isn't such a cliffhanger ending a sign that the BBC is indecisive about commissioning a further series?

What a Cliffhanger! I do hope the BBC show faith and commission a Series 4 as we need to see who miranda chooses to marry ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 2:12 PM GMT

Peasants! ;)

Isn't such a cliffhanger ending a sign that the BBC is indecisive about commissioning a further series?

More like Miranda's indecisive about making another. I imagine the BBC will want more.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 2:12 PM GMT

I'm sure they'll do everything they can to cancel one of their most popular shows, that's how TV works. Whistling nnocently

Wasn't it the BBC who decided not to give the Red Dwarf fans another series just because they wanted an image change.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 6:50 PM GMT

Wasn't it the BBC who decided not to give the Red Dwarf fans another series just because they wanted an image change.

Doug Naylor was trying to get a film off the ground for years. So it was he who made the decision to have it off air for so long whilst he attempted that.

The BBC want another series of Miranda; if, that is, Miranda does.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 29 2013, 6:57 PM GMT

Doug Naylor was trying to get a film off the ground for years. So it was he who made the decision to have it off air for so long whilst he attempted that.

I remember reading an interview (on this site) with a head of programme who said the BBC is not interested in the kind of audience Red Dwarf attracts so they won't comission a series although they are aware of the demand.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 7:05 PM GMT

I remember reading an interview (on this site) with a head of programme who said the BBC is not interested in the kind of audience Red Dwarf attracts so they won't comission a series although they are aware of the demand.

Now, yes, things are different; but Red Dwarf was no longer a current show, and hadn't been for a decade, unlike Miranda. They saw Red Dwarf as done, weren't interested in trying to restart it.

Yes, that makes sense.

Now zooo has to explain to me why it's hard for a woman decide between that Gary fella and the guy with the specs. ;)

It isn't. Remotely.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 7:32 PM GMT

Now zooo has to explain to me why it's hard for a woman decide between that Gary fella and the guy with the specs. ;)

Gary has more warmth and personality, the 'other guy' to me anyway, seems a bit.. trying to think of a suitable word..one dimensional?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 7:05 PM GMT

I remember reading an interview (on this site) with a head of programme who said the BBC is not interested in the kind of audience Red Dwarf attracts so they won't comission a series

That was why they weren't interested in ordering a revival recently. Big, big difference from any decision to originally end the series more than a decade ago.

I know this "realism" discussion leads to nowhere. But yesterday I thought: this Gary is sexier (as far as I can judge this being a hetero guy), then Miranda claims to be in love with him for the last 14 years, she knows the other guy two weeks or so, the other one gave her the elbow for a job and and and...

Quote: Shandonbelle @ January 29 2013, 7:49 PM GMT

Gary has more warmth and personality, the 'other guy' to me anyway, seems a bit.. trying to think of a suitable word..one dimensional?

Plus, she's in LOVE with Gary. Silly lady.

It just about made sense within the episode though. Just.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 7:58 PM GMT

I know this "realism" discussion leads to nowhere. But yesterday I thought: this Gary is sexier (as far as I can judge this being a hetero guy), then Miranda claims to be in love with him for the last 14 years, she knows the other guy two weeks or so, the other one gave her the elbow for a job and and and...

Yep, and that's why this:

Quote: zooo @ January 29 2013, 7:34 PM GMT

It isn't. Remotely.