Newsjack 2013

Now I have had some practice writing for Newsleak on Comedy Chords I thought I might give Newsjack a go...anyone feel like sharing their experience of it?

Plenty of experience in the 'Writing Opportunities' sub-forum.

Here's the link to the last series

Dan

Quote: Rigid Bones @ January 15 2013, 9:03 AM GMT

Now I have had some practice writing for Newsleak on Comedy Chords I thought I might give Newsjack a go...anyone feel like sharing their experience of it?

Why not get some practise writing for news revue first?

Quote: Rigid Bones @ January 15 2013, 9:03 AM GMT

What experience of geting rejected?

...anyway it's topical, you can't prepare...

Thank you swerytd and sootyj - will take a look. Tim, I know it's a topical show, cleverly worked that out from the name! Were you rejected?

It's an open access show accepting multiple sketches and one liners from writers each week. With getting one of each being difficult and doing the same weekly even more difficult. By definition writing for it is to be rejected.

Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained! Thanks sootyj.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 15 2013, 1:22 PM GMT

What experience of geting rejected?

...anyway it's topical, you can't prepare...

Being a writer = experience of getting rejected :)

And I think you can prepare. Practice writing funny stuff based on the news. As Sooty says, might as well send it to News Revue or Treason Show. (But remember that the stuff they use will be very different to Newsjack in tone and style.)

Also I have some posts on my blog about writing for Newsjack (as do lots of other people), so have a look at how other people do it too.

Most important thing is to relax, enjoy, be funny and write lots. If you do that you can't really lose even if you get nothing on this series.