Sitcom characters you never see Page 13

Smithy's girlfriend Lucy in Gavin and Stacey. She is always mentioned as she is 17 years old, and often gets grounded or stuck in netball practice so she can't attend the social events :/

Quote: Our Spanner @ September 19 2012, 11:26 AM BST

Has Dorian's husband 'Marcus' in Birds of a Feather been mentioned?

Alan Partridge's son- Fernando was it?- and his ex wife Carol.

Sorry to be anal but I'm a big Birds of a Feather fan, and yeah Marcus was in quite a lot of eps!!! He was actually played by two actors too :) x x

Oh, and Podge and Rodge's grandma in Podge and Rodge!

Or... is that not a proper sitcom either? :D

What about 'Willie eckerslike' out of Coronation Street. Always mentioned but never seen.

Quote: Streety @ November 14 2012, 11:43 AM GMT

What about 'Willie eckerslike' out of Coronation Street. Always mentioned but never seen.

Coronation Street is one of the worst sitcoms I know...although it has more laughs than The Royal Bodyguard. ;)

Mrs Wolowitz in 'The Big Bang Theory', Wilson in 'Home Improvement', Vera Peterson from 'Cheers', Maris in 'Frasier', and Carlton (your doorman) from 'Rhoda'.

Does being able to attribute comically grotesque qualities and reactions to an absentee running gag character reflect on the action in a unique way?

I would be fascinated to know if ancient Greek Comedy developed the technique of either using the voices of unseen characters delivered from off stage, or referring to absent characters as running gags.

Quote: Haydn Rees @ November 19 2012, 5:18 PM GMT

Mrs Wolowitz in 'The Big Bang Theory', Wilson in 'Home Improvement', Vera Peterson from 'Cheers', Maris in 'Frasier', and Carlton (your doorman) from 'Rhoda'.

Does being able to attribute comically grotesque qualities and reactions to an absentee running gag character reflect on the action in a unique way?

I would be fascinated to know if ancient Greek Comedy developed the technique of either using the voices of unseen characters delivered from off stage, or referring to absent characters as running gags.

Does Godot in "Waiting For Godot" show up?

I'm sure these would have been mentioned (I can't be bothered to check)
OFAH
Monkey Harris
Paddy the Greek

I'm Alan Partridge
Carol (his ex wife)
Fernando (his son)

The Mighty Boosh
Leroy (I don't think he was ever seen, I could be wrong, haven't watched it for a while)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ November 19 2012, 9:44 PM GMT

Does Godot in "Waiting For Godot" show up?

No. It's also not a sitcom.

Joe Maplin?

NB, I neither know nor care - but I will keep asking on a fairly regular basis until someone at least offers a response

hi-de-hi

I think Joe's legs were seen once.

Quote: Aaron @ November 19 2012, 10:14 PM GMT

No. It's also not a sitcom.

Touché! Whistling nnocently

Quote: Aaron @ November 20 2012, 2:36 AM GMT

I think Joe's legs were seen once.

Ta very much !

How about the cast of the Navy Lark?

Quote: Chappers @ November 21 2012, 8:29 PM GMT

How about the cast of the Navy Lark?

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ November 19 2012, 10:11 PM GMT

The Mighty Boosh
Leroy (I don't think he was ever seen, I could be wrong, haven't watched it for a while)

He appears for about two seconds in the first series I think. In the episode that Vince joins the electro band. Howard tells Vince the music act he started with Leroy didn't work out. Then it goes to a shot of the gig they played.