Geoffrey Hughes dies aged 68

Keeping Up Appearances and The Royle Family star Geoffrey Hughes has died at the age of 68. He had suffered recurrent prostate cancer in recent years. RIP. :(

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000869/geoffrey_hughes_dies_68_onslow_twiggy/

:(

Very sad, RIP.
Keeping Up Appearances has always been one of my favourite comedies, he played the slobby brother in law to perfection.

I'll always remember him as Dustman Eddie Yeats in Coronation Street although he probably played both Twiggy and Onslow for much longer.

RIP.

:( RIP

RIP 'Eddie'.

With the recurrent cancer stories over the past few years it was almost certainly coming.

Doesn't make it any better though.

RIP Ode Pal.

We'll all bang the top of the tele for you tonight . . .

:(

Eddie Yates was a great character.

RIP. Came into acting in the late 60s: Beatles films, The Likely Lads, had an excellent guest appearance in an episode of Please Sir! and appeared in the film of Till Death Us Do Part as Mike's brother, meeting Johnny Speight as a result getting a role in Speight's controversial Curry & Chips (second member of that cast to pass away this month). Then he got his big break, playing the excellent Eddie Yeats in 'Coronation Street' - then playing the superb Onslow in KUA. A top comedy actor, RIP.

RIP

Did you know he played Doctor Who? Well, kind of...

That is sad, he was a brilliant character actor. :(

I'm in two minds about whether to do my 'kicked the bouquet' joke now.

Well if you don't then how will we know how it goes? Sad to lose GH, he popped up in quite a bit of stuff but usually as the same sort of character, he deserved tougher roles tbh, I always thought he could probably act a bit if given the chance. Onslow was a good sitcom character but it wasn't exactly a challenge for him.

He also voiced Paul McCartney in the Yellow Submarine.

I was Geoff's 'minder' during his stint in the Sunderland panto 'Jack and the Beanstalk' in the early 80s, he was one fantastically funny and generous bloke...