Doctor in the House Page 5

Quote: Hercules @ September 20, 2007, 8:56 AM

Since this thread has veered off topic from the Doctor series somewhat, can I recommend Doctor Down Under as a worthwhile purchase? From what I’ve seen (haven’t had time to watch ‘em all yet) it’s certainly not up there with the best ITV episodes, but it has more life in it than Doctor on Top.

Apparently Robin Nedwell was said to have hated it, but who knows? I have seen every episode of "Doctor in the House" and it is really good. Going to try out Doctor at Large soon.

There is a new source for deleted or out-of-print series: http://ukrarities.com . I used it to purchase the entire first series of Doctor On The Go (2 discs), and ordered the second series. The even have Doctor At The Top, which was in 1991, and includes a guest appearance by Ernest Clark as Loftus!

Haven't seen that before, thanks! They're really pushing it with some of those show (a number of them are commercially available) but looks good. Prices aren't even that bad on a lot of it. Tempted to place an order...

I haven't seen any mention of Doctor at Sea on DVD yet...

I need to fill that gap, it's quite depressing going straight from Doctor in charge to Doctor Down Under Stuart-Clarke and Warign both look like they've suffered strokes or something from the sudden aging.

One needs a smooth transition when it comes to long running shows.

Quote: Wout Thielemans @ September 20, 2007, 3:20 PM

For Sir Geoffrey: there's a software program called DVD Region Free (google it) which allows your computer DVD drive to play any region DVD without hassle (you have to run the program before launching the DVD though. It's a commercial app but it's not expensive and it works really well.

Ah thanks for that, I'll look into it.

I've browsed around for a few but they all have warnings about how they might render the DVD drive usless if anything goes pear shaped.

Which scares the everliving crap out of me.

Just had a look at DVD Region Free, and it doesn't look like there's any chance of it doing that, as it works differently to other "fixes". :)

This UKRareties, I see I've purchased a few DVD's on ebay with the same packaging. And you can use paypal. I'll be signing up.

Sir Geoffery Loftus- use http://ukrarities.com/ to complete your collection. You need a paypal account though.

Well thanks, I do appreciate that... but If Network is going to put it out at some point I would prefer my DVDs to match, being the pedantic collector I am.

If it doesn't look like they're going to do it for whatever reason then thanks, I'll be getting those.

Just had a quick look at the Network website for a little insight, and noticed Metal Micky coming out in on Feb.8... Score!

(I doubt it's dated well, but sometimes nostalgia takes precedent)

Network will indeed bring it out at some point. I'd guess 6 months maybe, at most.

Just a quick question about the network website. On the old format it told you about releases coming months into the future, now it only seems to give a select few. Does anyone know how to get a better list of forthcoming releases from the company?

You keep an eye on our DVD listings, 'cos I add them as soon as I get the press release.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ January 23, 2008, 6:35 AM

I haven't seen any mention of Doctor at Sea on DVD yet...

Oh, UKRarities has Doctor At Sea as well, entire series. And Amazon.co.uk has a Best Of Doctor At Sea PAL VHS cassette in case you're interested.

Quote: Yitzhak Finnegan @ January 16, 2008, 11:48 AM

There is a new source for deleted or out-of-print series: http://ukrarities.com . I used it to purchase the entire first series of Doctor On The Go (2 discs), and ordered the second series. The even have Doctor At The Top, which was in 1991, and includes a guest appearance by Ernest Clark as Loftus!

Hi,

I saw this ukrarities site, but was wondering--are those DVDs being sold legally? Especially since they have the Doctor Shows that are out legally, and then some shows that aren't out at all? Just wondering . . .

Another thing . . . how come all these ITV series don't have any subtitles?

No vangogan, it's totally illegal. They just about get away with most of it because it's not commercially available, but they're walking an increasingly thin rope by not removing stuff which has now been released.

And I would guess that subtitles were just never made. The shows were probably produced before there was a way of showing them, although I can't be sure.

Great site to deal with though. It's based in Australia, so it takes a couple of weeks to get the goods. But good doing business and lets just hope it continues in business. Great quality DVD's aswell.