The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 394

Quote: Ben @ June 28 2012, 11:01 PM BST

Great game tonight. Italy really made the Germans look ordinary.

And just when you write of Balotelli, he comes back as a national hero by scoring two goals and getting Italy into the final.

Honestly, I never imagined that outcome tonight.

Quote: Jamey @ June 22 2012, 11:07 PM BST

I love Italy, I think the people of England will be surprised at the creativity and skill in the current Italian team.

I'll just leave this here.....

Well not me, I thought Italy might win by taking it to penalties again, but could nick it even. I knew Germany were over confident as they always are and already saw themselves in final. As Martin Keown rightly said, German arrogance! And their centre midfield-defence is rigid looking and hadn't really been tested well enough yet. And Italy are their bogey team. And they haven't won a sausage for 16 years. Just wasn't sure Balotelli could be as good as that.

I hope Italy win final, they've played good attractive positive football. Spain look ever more like Spain, technically brilliant but dull and completely calculated and designed to edge it. Not a fan of their bizarre style at all, no striker! and 6 midfielders and not one winger, because with no striker you don't need any. They win loads of corners but don't actually take any! Bizarre, strange, impure, unfootball like side. I'll be glad to see the back of them.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 27 2012, 10:45 PM BST

Portu-gone?

Anyone here can lip read Portugese, dying to know what Ronaldo said at the end. Oh I know 'there goes my chance to look like the big hero'.

Oh and bad luck Booo. You can always support England

I think he said 'injustice' (in Portuguese).

Very enjoyable watching Klinsman's complete sense of humour failure afterwards.

And ironically after getting booted out of the Euros , Mrs Merkel has to climb down on the Euro.
Defeat on two fronts.
Will they never learn.

*quietly hums 'Dad's Army' theme*

Laughing out loud

Quote: TopBanana @ June 29 2012, 11:06 AM BST

I think he said 'injustice' (in Portuguese).

Oh? You practising?

It is similar to the English word, right?

'Injustica'?

Look Booo-bie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2F3tZEZBY

I was right!

:P

Quote: TopBanana @ June 29 2012, 4:02 PM BST

It is similar to the English word, right?

'Injustica'?

Yes, but it's with รง instead for the 'sa' sound as c+a is 'ka'.
*is a languages nerd*

I lip read that, an all.

*genius*

Good to see Beckham didn't get picked for the GB Olympic team. He hasn't played proper top level football for ages in favour of a fat pay packet. Hardly Olympic ideals.

Quote: Chappers @ June 30 2012, 11:51 PM BST

Good to see Beckham didn't get picked for the GB Olympic team. He hasn't played proper top level football for ages in favour of a fat pay packet. Hardly Olympic ideals.

That, and the fact that he and his miserable cow of a wife are twats.

Spain 0-1 Italy (AET)

Balotelli:

"Off-field activities involving Balotelli have included driving into a women's prison in Italy to "have a look round",[108] throwing darts at a youth team player during a training ground 'prank',[109] and stopping in at a Manchester Xaverian Sixth Form College because he needed the toilet - all of which have been confirmed to be true"

Lol @ the prison visit!

Good for Torres' confidence eh? Torres and Mata Champions league and Euro 2012 winners!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastardos.