The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 398

Quote: lofthouse @ July 6 2012, 9:56 PM BST

What dya mean?

He's player/manager now, or at least he was.

I guess cos was a decent well known face

Good player

Miserable wanker though

The whole thing about Chinese football seems doomed to failure. Paying ridiculous wages - yes even more than in England - and apparently they only get a few thousand through the gates.

Quote: Chappers @ July 6 2012, 5:47 PM BST

Come on. They're not Manchester United. It's not about glory - it's about loyalty. They'll support their team in their thousands boosting gates everywhere.

I was disagreeing that they would immediately get back into the SPL, I actually fully agreed that their fans would stick around.

But at least you got your dig at Manchester United in. Well done.

Would like to see RVP go to Man Utd, but he'll probably head to City if he stays in the Premier League. I see Utd have sold Park now. I was never that big a fan of him, but it's another hole in the midfield.

Park coming to QPR. Didn't see that coming. Quality player who will keep SWP out of the team. We have a shedload of new players and I only hope they gel very quickly.

Michael Owen . . .

"Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn't play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

"After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Well eff off then and hopefully no-one will give you a job you egotistical little twat !

Quote: Will Cam @ July 7 2012, 2:44 PM BST

Park coming to QPR. Didn't see that coming. Quality player who will keep SWP out of the team. We have a shedload of new players and I only hope they gel very quickly.

Ooh.. Interesting. Or not. We shall see. But it will be interesting.
Unless it's not. But ooh..

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 13 2012, 1:02 AM BST

Michael Owen . . .

"Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn't play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

"After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Well eff off then and hopefully no-one will give you a job you egotistical little twat !

Indeed. But where is this quote from? I didn't know anyone still gave a f**k about Owen. Middle-class Dennis Wise if you ask me. But you didn't, I acknowledge that.

If it wasn't for injuries
He'd probably have become been Englands highest goalscorer by a distance.

I've set up a new fantasy football league.

It's free, so come and join me. You won't need to have sexual intercourse with me.

It's at www.fantasyfootball.mirror.co.uk

League name: Twit League II
Pin: 8000079

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 13 2012, 9:28 AM BST

If it wasn't for injuries
He'd probably have become been Englands highest goalscorer by a distance.

If it wasn't for injuries Brian Clough would probably have become Englands highest goalscorer by a distance.

Nobody mentioning Heskey? If it wasn't for injuries...

Quote: Chappers @ July 13 2012, 9:53 PM BST

If it wasn't for injuries Brian Clough would probably have become Englands highest goalscorer by a distance.

That is true as well.
See!
You can make valid points when you're not talking about Chelsea or Man U.
:D

Bloomin' Olympics!

:D