The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 397

I'm a bit confused over the Rangers situation. I know they've gone bust, but the other clubs saying that they don't want to do football with them is like a group of mean school kids picking on the poor kid.

Rangers new kit -

True, it's mean spirited, BUT...if it was, say, St Johnstone in serious debt they'd be thrown out.

They have to have the same sanctions for every club.

But, I don't think any club should be kicked while they're down.

Remember Luton Town's 25 point deduction because of poor management by 'businessmen'?

Without Rangers, Scottish football would die

Celtic would win the league every season between now and eternity

And let's face it - Scottish football is a joke already

Plus I bet Sky will give the SPL even less money with no old firm derbies

Quote: lofthouse @ July 5 2012, 7:32 PM BST

Without Rangers, Scottish football would die

Celtic would win the league every season between now and eternity

And let's face it - Scottish football is a joke already

Plus I bet Sky will give the SPL even less money with no old firm derbies

True Celtic will have a good run for a few years but we do it in England so why shouldn't they suffer for mismanagement? And weren't Juventus relegated a few years ago for basically cheating?

In the meantime they'll be put in a lower division, win it easily and give the other clubs loads of gatemoney until they get back to the SPL.

Quote: Chappers @ July 5 2012, 8:26 PM BST

In the meantime they'll be put in a lower division, win it easily and give the other clubs loads of gatemoney until they get back to the SPL.

Really? I suspect they will lose most of their players and will have no financial edge over the other teams. Only their fan base will provide an advantage and that may take a long time to provide a real change on the pitch.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html

4?

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

It's all about results though.
Don't you remember when Arsenal used to win the league Under George Graham.
It wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice to watch but no one can deny that it was boring.

Quote: Jamey @ July 5 2012, 10:36 PM BST

Really? I suspect they will lose most of their players and will have no financial edge over the other teams. Only their fan base will provide an advantage and that may take a long time to provide a real change on the pitch.

Come on. They're not Manchester United. It's not about glory - it's about loyalty. They'll support their team in their thousands boosting gates everywhere.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 6 2012, 1:19 AM BST

It's all about results though.
Don't you remember when Arsenal used to win the league Under George Graham.
It wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice to watch but no one can deny that it was boring.

Oh yes. That was the last century wasn't it?

I'd rather watch Arsenal lose under Wenger than win playing the Graham stuff. They're going to have bring in a Premier League experienced striker if RvP leaves, can't rely on two total strangers with no experience of English football to hit the ground running in their first season. There's talk of moving Walcott into the central striking position, but then there's also talk of him leaving too! Looks like yet another 'year of transition' at the Emirates.

Quote: Vince Ives @ July 6 2012, 9:10 PM BST

I'd rather watch Arsenal lose under Wenger than win playing the Graham stuff.

As a Chelsea supporter I agree.

I'm really intrigued to see Chelsea this season actually. I think giving Di Matteo the job may be a huge mistake though. I mean obviously winning the CL (regardless of the style in which it was won) is massive and he deserves praise for that, but that dressing room is a law unto itself and if things don't go well right from the start of the new season then it could easily be a repeat of last year in a managerial sense. I think Gus Hiddink had the right idea; come in late, grab a trophy and get out before anything can go wrong.

OK - let's look at this sensibly. Maybe the senior players at Chelsea had too much power but a manager has to earn respect. I felt sorry for AVB because I think he took the big job (!) too soon. After the great job he did at Porto he should've waited another couple of years.

Chelsea as a club make ridiculous knee-jerk reactions and should've kept with Ancelloti. If they hadn't sacked Wilkins when they were romping away they'd probably have one the league above a second rate Manchester United. I'm not saying that because I hate them but that season they were not up to their usual standards and were lucky everyone else was crap.

The Chelsea pkayers respect Di Matteo because of his playing achievements.

The Chelsea evolution should've been slower. Drogba has left now after a tremendous spell at the club.

Heard about Anelka?

His new fans in China think he's a total twat

Quote: lofthouse @ July 6 2012, 9:53 PM BST

Heard about Anelka?

His new fans in China think he's a total twat

Well why on earth was he given the job in the first place?

What dya mean?