The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 392

International football?

Give me Peterborough vs Millwall any day.

Ashley Young has been terrible throughout the tournament.

It's silly to blame anyone at a Penalty shootout, what with all the pressure.
But with the players involved I can't help blaming Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man City.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 24 2012, 10:39 PM BST

It's silly to blame anyone at a Penalty shootout, what with all the pressure.
But with the players involved I can't help blaming Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man City.

Laughing out loud

Though not sure how you got Arsenal into that.

I'm going to watch the penalties on ITV to see if England can win this time.

At least we've been spared more humiliation against the sodding Germans

Quote: Badge @ June 24 2012, 10:53 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Though not sure how you got Arsenal into that.

Ashley Coles Apprenticeship.
That's when you're supposed to learn how to take them.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 24 2012, 10:58 PM BST

Ashley Coles Apprenticeship.
That's when you're supposed to learn how to take them.

You missed out Villa then ;)

I leave that to McDonnell

If only we'd gone 1-0 down early on, then we might have played some decent, open football like we did against the Swedes.

Hodgson's 'park the bus' game plan, lack of possession, not being able to string two passes together, Wayne Rooney playing like shit (remember, he wasn't injured, only suspended), our reliance on the long ball game, lack of a creative midfield, our attackers sitting in our own half for the entire game and not burying the few chances we had lost us the game.

I'm glad we've gone out, saves us from being humiliated by the Krauts.

Hmm, yes. Thoroughly deserved to go out. Made to look third rate by a man who looks like he belongs in Madame Tussauds. Roy does talk a good game but he maybe didn't get it quite right there! First, he took a couple of nonames and never likely to be, leaving us desperately short in midfield the whole tournament, meaning poor old Gerrard and Parker had to work themselves ragged. Parker finally being substituted looked no less than an act of mercy.

He soon adopted a defensive at all costs policy, stuck to a wrong looking 442 and then clearly brought the wrong players off tonight. He kept Young on! And Milner was having his best game so far. Huh? His face always looked like he knew things weren't working but he speaks well, puts a good spin on things, looks a respectable chap and Sir Trevor golden boring bollocks Brooking picked him. Say no more. :( We've gone backwards.

Milner... I turned to one of the guys I was watching footie with, and said 'Milner', and was going to insert a swear word, but nothing occurred... so I just said 'Milner' again, and it was generally agreed that that was what needed to be said in place of any established swear words. It's not even Milner's fault; much as I completely tried to back Roy in an optimistic way, I don't think he needed to start Rooney, in this match or the last match, and what on Earth do you think you're doing not playing The Ox?
I hate being in a position where I am grateful for Terry being on the pitch, it upsets my Arsenal mind, but the bastarding eejit had a good game. And, I like a) not being sued and b) my kneecaps, but Gerrard.. I hope at least for his sake it was a bung as well as a threat

Quote: bigfella @ June 24 2012, 5:41 PM BST

I have a number of small wagers to make it interesting.

I have

England to win 3-1( I have always been a dreamer)
Steve g for first goal
Andy Carroll for last goal
England to score a penalty

Well, they scored a penalty :P

What was with the prepared statements being read out at the beginning of the Spain vs Portugal match? And what exactly is an Official Respect match? Are all other football matches disrespectful? Regardless, we now have to respect diversity in a contest that pits nation against nation, devides Europe and lets the press run wild with the most vile xenophobic and bigoted stereotypes.

I wish this kind of crap was kept out of a purely sporting occassion, like in the old days.

Here here

And what's with all these flippin black players these days

They'll be letting Jews play next!

Quote: lofthouse @ June 27 2012, 8:04 PM BST

They'll be letting Jews play next!

I honestly can't believe you just said that lofthouse, everyone knows Jews can't play sports.

Your insensitivity overwhelms me. :(