The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 388

Sheisse!

---------------- The Ozils ----------------

For once, the Greeks have lost interest.

Jerry are scoring for fun now.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 22 2012, 9:11 PM BST
---------------- The Ozils ----------------

:D

England or Germany are going to play this German team apparently.
According to the bloke interviewing Strachan.

I wish I didn't care about football. I think I could have been a reasonably well-adjusted, normal human being had my heart not broken a little on so many occasions. FFS, it's not even my team.
I got laughed at for flinching and hiding behind a cushion again when they replayed the penalty. FFS!

Euro 96 still pains me.

Quote: Ben @ June 22 2012, 9:53 PM BST

Euro 96 still pains me.

Oh god, don't. I will have no heart left soon. I will just be an empty husk of a person, having had all that I could offer erased by the continual torture of feeling incredibly sorry for everyone

Germany vs Portugal is a mouthwatering tie. So psyched for the France vs Spain game tomorrow and whereas I'd normally go for Spain, they looked shakey against the Croats.

And then the grindfest of England vs Italy - I'm going with Top Banana's prediction - 0-0 and then penalties. Eek.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 22 2012, 10:29 PM BST

Germany vs Portugal is a mouthwatering tie. So psyched for the France vs Spain game tomorrow and whereas I'd normally go for Spain, they looked shakey against the Croats.

And then the grindfest of England vs Italy - I'm going with Top Banana's prediction - 0-0 and then penalties. Eek.

Germany aren't playing Portugal are they?

Anyone else catch the "Playing in this part of Poland is like a home game for the Germans" at the start of the game?

I love Italy, I think the people of England will be surprised at the creativity and skill in the current Italian team.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 22 2012, 10:47 PM BST

Germany aren't playing Portugal are they?

EDIT: I am completely wrong and foolish, just looked it up.

I was hoping you were right.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 22 2012, 11:14 PM BST

I was hoping you were right.

If we beat Italy, then we face the dreaded Bosch. :(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 22 2012, 11:19 PM BST

If we beat Italy, then we face the dreaded Bosch. :(

England will have to drill down into their defence.

France 1-2 Spain