The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 793

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th May 2024, 3:07 AM

I have a feeling that Southampton are going to win today
But they are both quite big clubs so it will be nice to see either back in the top flight

I've got a feeling that one of them might.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

😁 No Leeds at Portman Road next season - SUPER SAINTS!!

As with Manchester City, Leeds were expected to win (The bookies thought so in both matches)
Two superior teams were outwitted by tactics. Man United couldn't outplay City - but they could stop them playing and the same with Southampton.

Shame.
I was rather looking forward to Leeds and Chelsea kicking the shit out of each other again.

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th May 2024, 11:24 AM

Shame.
I was rather looking forward to Leeds and Chelsea kicking the shit out of each other again.

Not a shame - bloody good job, filthy Leeds. I well remember watching the 1970 FA Cup replay, which made me realise what a nasty team they were under a nasty captain and a nasty manager.

54 years ago. Most are dead from old age,

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th May 2024, 7:53 PM

54 years ago. Most are dead from old age,

I won't say good job....................just that I'm still here, just 💀

The Devil looks after his own :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th May 2024, 11:16 AM

And already Kieran McKenna, has said he would be very interested in leaving Ipswich for Chelsea, even though they have a reputation for rapid manager changes, and also/too I expect half the team will be plundered by the time the new season starts 😠

He's staying!! 😁 Thank F for that, with the news saying it makes him one of the highest paid manager/coaches in the country?! Really? Must be the American money.

Just the one change for Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League Final: Marco Reus not in the line-up despite starting their final two games of the Bundesliga season

So - just the one misses Wembley...

Who says?

Whose your source about Reus?

You can't just come here making outlandish claims like that?

Who said this and when?

I want the exact date and time please

Otherwise your just wasting peoples time ffs

Congrats again to Real Madrid, for doing what they do best
I'm just watching that documentary about when the English teams had a monopoly in the late seventies /early eighties
But Madrid should probably get to keep the trophy by now

Well done Southgate, drops a player who'd just set up a great goal minutes after being subbed on and's always made England a more creative team with him in it, which flattens the squad so much they lose to tiny Iceland again. To cap it all he accuses them of lacking character for the loss - Instead of his own personal dislike of certain popular players and catastrophic management idiocy! How to Lose at the Euros Again as Favourites by G (F**kup) Southgate.

I'd love to know who the senior player was who questioned the idiot coach about his gobsmacking decision. Kane maybe, Walker?

It's all looking good.......................😒

Friendlies are never a true gauge of skill and chances of winning. But England are favourites to win at 3/1 - with France 2nd at 4/1.
As a bookie was explaining yesterday on TalkSport, The sheer weight of money that has been bet on England to win has forced them to make them favourites.
France are probably the real favourites - and where the smart money should go.