Jonathan Creek Page 4

Refer to the BCG's episode guide for the correct order: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/jonathan_creek/episodes/

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 5 2010, 7:59 PM BST

As for Davies' limited acting ability, this doesn't bother me, his character suits his effort free technique. I also miss his windmill house although the miserable git didn't seem to appreciate it.

I was trying to put my finger on why I like Alan Davies as Jonathan Creek but not in anything else and that sort of sums it up thanks.

Seems I'm not the only one who misses the windmill.

I really like Jonathan Creek - it's quirky and very funny. The best episodes were probably the ones with Caroline Quentin as Maddy. My favourite episode is The house of Monkeys - it's a comedy classic, absoloutly hillarious.

I love this show, it is quintesentially the British 'Columbo'. But I did think the last special they did was a bit weak - I think it was better in the 1 hour format. Still better than most other British detective shows.

I was hoping for another Christmas special this year, alas no sign of one. Infact a brand new series wouldn't go amiss, now that Whites has folded, Davies must be looking for something more to do with his time?

Wa hey, I love this show. I especially like Creek's new sidekick Sheridan Smith. Great news to see it's going to be back this Christmas with a brand new episode.

After years of QI he should be able to bring that Sherlock Holmes edge of it to life by using some of the facts he's leant over the years. I'm sure he'll use them somehow or play the nobody knows card lol...

A little off sidetrack here but what was that US show that seemed to be the US version of this show?... Munk? Monk? Or something like that...?

Monk, although I don't agree it was like Jonathon Creek.

According to Alan on Twitter, the story about the new special is not true.

:/ Do you have a link?

"There won't be a new Jonathan Creek for Cristmas and we are not filming in September. If we do start making a new one I will let you know."

http://twitter.com/alandavies1/status/208008880683364352

Have we been lied to?!

What an odd gentleman he is.

Where did the story come from originally?

I believe the story is true. I don't know why Davies is suggesting it's not. Very strange fellow.