The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 362

A busy day for footy news: Dalglish has 'left' Liverpool.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 16 2012, 4:19 PM BST

As René Gayed would say: "Now you're really shagging my goat." Wave :P

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ May 16 2012, 4:20 PM BST

A busy day for footy news: Dalglish has 'left' Liverpool.

:O

I'm sure clubs will be lining up to hire a bad tempered racist who spends loads of money to win the Carling Cup.

The hidden truth of anagrams:

Rear End Packager. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 16 2012, 4:28 PM BST

The hidden truth of anagrams:

No one finds them the least bit amusing?

*angry that he can't do anagrams and only got as far as Tit Git and then gave up*

:(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 16 2012, 4:40 PM BST

*angry that he can't do anagrams and only got as far as Tit Git and then gave up*

:(

Just call me Gene Tinglytits...

Shocked that Kenny has been axed. Surely anyone who can nurture Johnson, Downing, Carroll AND Henderson into Euro 2012 contention is a football miracle worker.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 16 2012, 4:24 PM BST

I'm sure clubs will be lining up to hire a bad tempered racist who spends loads of money to win the Carling Cup.

Pleased

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 16 2012, 4:40 PM BST

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

The strikeforce looks pretty woeful apart from Rooney. I don't mind Welbeck, but he's not really a name to put the wind of God into any defences. Don't mind the midfield that much - good to see The, uh, Ox in there. Lampard and Gerrard will no doubt fail to glue again.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 16 2012, 4:04 PM BST

What about Ecuador?
England beat them as well didn't they?

Maybe you counted them up wrong
Trinidad & Tobago is only one team
:D

Yes I counted wrong - Beckahm freekick if I recall.

D'oh!

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ May 16 2012, 2:35 PM BST

He could have easily lost one of the five wingers (Downing) to allow in a Bent or a Crouch. Playing 66% of our campaign with only three unproven strikers is ridiculous.

Five? Are you counting Milner?

If worst comes to worst Walcott and Young have played up front before. But three/four injuries in any position would be a problem for any team, why focus on strikers?

Quote: Chappers @ May 16 2012, 3:57 PM BST

Carroll is a real handful and a good header. Doesn't matter if Welbeck and Rooney play well together because the neanderthal is banned from the first 2 matches. And Carrick is crap.

Carrol is a good header but we need someone to put the ball on his head first, Downing has proved he can't do this and Chamberlain and Walcott are used in different ways for Arsenal, as far as I'm aware Walcott's trademark cross is a low cross or a cutback as this suits RVP. Young's trademark is a cut back and a cross t a late runner at the back post.
Carrick has had a good season, there is no way he should be absent from even the back up list considering the team features both Henderson and Barry.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/16/3107329/i-do-not-apologise-for-rip-fergie-banner-tevez-hits-out-at

Quote: AJGO @ May 16 2012, 6:37 PM BST

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/16/3107329/i-do-not-apologise-for-rip-fergie-banner-tevez-hits-out-at

He knows City will just roll over and let him do what he likes.

I know Tevez is a right muppet but if you will go around making statements such as 'Not in my lifetime' then you're just asking for that banner really. And for me to snigger.

it was probably mind games from Fergie and not his actual belief. Too bad it didn't work