Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 17

Surely Lee would realise that you only get 'that' sort of massage from adverts in the newsagent's window.

Don't ruin things...

Actually, I would have assumed rude massagers would be in the paper, and fairly legit ones would be in a window, but then I do live in a respectable area. ;)

This episode confirmed it for me, funniest thing of television at the moment- hands down.

"Seemed appropriate having my breakfast high up. It's Alpen."

Top drawer, that tonight, so so good.

I watched Not Going Out for the first time in ages last night, and I really enjoyed it.

Previously, I'd written it off as being a bitt naff, and not a patch on the likes of Peep Show and The Thick Of It, but I'm now beginning to look at it in a very different light.

Although some of the jokes fell flat, I thought the overall hit rate was very impressive - and some of them were absolute corkers.

With so many sitcoms putting a greater emphasis on achieving a 'naturalistic' feel as opposed to making the audience laugh, there's a definite need for programmes like this.

I think this one was more silly than usual (I know, I know!) like Lucy running past the window of the brothel etc. And Katy Wix only had one scene which was a shame as he's amazing.

Katy Wix is a he?!

I take it back then when I said I found her, I mean him, attractive...

Typo! My bad! She'd most certainly a woman - and, yes, a really attractive one too.

Sebastian Ho - Laughing out loud

Bit average, this episode. Still the average episode of NGO has at least three or four big laughs, so it's not as if I didn't enjoy it. Just didn't do much for me, especially compared to the classic previous episode.

Quote: Dave @ May 5 2012, 11:03 AM BST

I think this one was more silly than usual (I know, I know!) like Lucy running past the window of the brothel etc.

That was almost Miranda lazy. London is not a hamlet, you are not just going to bump into people at embarrassing moments. I know it is a silly sitcom but wildly unlikely coincidences are still distracting.

I wasn't keen on Lucy running past the window, was just a bit too silly for my liking.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ May 8 2012, 3:34 AM BST

I wasn't keen on Lucy running past the window, was just a bit too silly for my liking.

That gag was just a bit too much of a stretch of plausability for me. Even though it is entirely conceivable that it could happen, I just groaned "Oh, come on!" when I saw her jog by the window. There's probably been far more implausible moments in NGO, but this is the only time I've been put off.

I was more jarred by the bedroom apparently being on the ground floor than her running past. And I live in a bungalow.

I agree with Aaron.

Must admit that I thought this episode really stretched credulity (Lee didn't know what a "happy ending" was?) but it did make me laugh out loud on a good few occasions which redeemed it.

Personally, I think this series has been a bit hit-and-miss,