Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 14

I thought it was the business. Great stuff. :)

Quote: Aaron @ April 18 2012, 4:52 PM BST

I seem to recall that they recorded a rather stronger variant of Lee's reply too!

Ha... I can imagine they would :D

I didn't even know this was on again.
I'll have to watch it on iPlayer

If only there was a guide or website that could warn me about these sort of things in advance.

I. will. get. you.

Laughing out loud

There was a sense of warmth to this week's show which stopped it being just a string of setups and punchlines. The format has kind of pestered me in the past, but I think you just have to accept it as a chucklefest.

Love it tonight. More than laugh a minute. TV people please take note. Make more gag-heavy studio sitcoms. Excellent excellent stuff.

I was laughing all the way through. Excellent.

I went to the recording of this. It was great to see the finished product on TV, and I laughed at all the funny bits as if they were new. :)

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2012, 10:12 PM BST

Love it tonight. More than laugh a minute. TV people please take note. Make more gag-heavy studio sitcoms. Excellent excellent stuff.

This.

Cracking episode! I've never heard so many arse jokes in one half hour!

Very funny - I love it when they bring in the outer characters like Lee and Tim's Dads. Surprised how deep the well of bottom jokes turned out to be.

Happy to see this quality show return with a higher than average gag rate. It seems to have settled into itself.

Did anyone else notice that the actors' eyes looked weird? They all seemed to have hugh, silver, dilated pupils, or was I imagining that?

During last weeks episode (episode 1), I was working for 12 hours just before it came on. So when it started, I was tired, fed up and not in a good mood, so wasn't expecting too much. Luckily, I pissed myself through it, such was the top quality of the episode.
I also went into tonight's episode with little optimism. Bobby Ball is a comedian I don't have any time for and the idea of him head to toe in plaster did little to motivate me. And I was right. Not awful by any stretch of the imagination (far better than Ball's previous appearance, the woeful 'Life on Mars Bars'), but it was very very average. Just one laugh out loud moment for me (Tim: There's a but involved here), few light laughs, but nothing compared to last week, which had me in a coughing fit.
I knew not to expect too much and was right to. But next week, the idea of the four leading players camping in a spooky forest sounds hilarious, I will expect top stuff, I know I won't be disappointed.

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 21 2012, 12:22 AM BST

Did anyone else notice that the actors eyes looked weird? They all seemed to have hugh, silver, dilated pupils, or was I imagining that?

Have you eaten any suspicious brownies today...?