Newsjack - Series 6 Page 66

I can't help thinking that if you hate writing jokes and sketches this much, it may be time for a rethink... :)

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ March 26 2012, 10:40 PM BST

I can't help thinking that if you hate writing jokes and sketches this much, it may be time for a rethink... :)

I assume this comment is directed at me - although I can't see how my posts have conveyed the impression that I 'hate' comedy writing.

On the contrary, it's a great source of pleasure for me.

When I said that I was feeling a 'bit fatigued' with Newsjack - I just meant that as the weeks have passed, I've found it slightly harder to maintain the same level of intensity that I put in at the beginning of the series.

And when I said that I was 'officially finished' with series six of Newsjack - I was merely stating a fact. This week's episode is the last in the series, and I've now sent off both my sketches and one-liners.

Hopefully that's cleared up any confusion.

I don't think that was directed at any one person. Read to me like it was (1) a joke and (2) at the general 'uhh' feeling as everyone has got bored of reading the papers.

I wouldn't take it personally. Just keep writing for the 'next' thing!

Dan

I think I've found this series more difficult as the news has mostly been dominated by depressing news. Found it harder to get funny angles on things. Plus personal circumstances these last couple of weeks have been shite, feels like I'm through that and out of my slump now though.

Still love writing of course :)

Haven't done anything this week but there's still nearly 7 hours to go, if inspiration takes me I'll get some stuff written during quiet moments at work!

Oh we might feel jaded now but we'll miss it next week when it's gone.

Oh God! Does that mean we'll all have to find something useful and constructive to do with our time?

I've thrown everything I can at Jack Apps this week. Think that's where my talent lies, plus I can work on them all year. Think my next project will be a sitcom script for the second Writersroom submission window or maybe a Newsjack parody on YouTube. Was thinking of trying it last year and was going to call it 'Newsjerk' but it slipped away from me as I was writing my first sitcom script.

Last submission of the series! Good luck everyone

Sent mine in, I'm going to be broken hearted if I miss out this series - I really felt at least one of my sketches deserved to get on *sulk*

5 jokes last minute not expecting much.

Quote: sootyj @ March 27 2012, 4:50 PM BST

5 jokes last minute not expecting much.

Ha, same here.

Sent mine. See you in October. Or tomorrow night, if anyone is going.

Rather than ruin the surprise for tomorrow night telling you what I did send in, I'll buck the recent trend and give a list of stories that I didn't make a joke about:

Pope in Cuba
RBS sale
Tanker drivers' strike - nor army training to drive tankers
Nick Clegg in Seoul
Hot weather
Obama open mike - "more flexible" eh?
Labour ten point lead in polls
Third runway
Tweeting vicars
Hunger Games
Game over
Cowell break in

All of which will be in the show tomorrow.

I also didn't write a "The Apprentice" spoof. You see them do one, just you see.

Sent nothing. Had a few attempts, but it was all shite. Good luck people! May the finale be a good'un!

And that's my last auto-reply for the series.

Just seen from twitter that quite a few people have gone for a Cameron / Come Dine with me one-liner today but in my defence:

a) I sent a sketch on it yesterday so I was first and
b) I'm willing to take a bet that something along those lines will be on 10 o'clock live or The Now Show.

The end for me was a bit of a whimper rather than a bang. A few Jackapps and corrections but nothing I reckon will stand out. Alas there's always the next series. Good luck everyone!

On a side note, I have tickets to tomorrow's recording but I can't go. I'm prepared to give them away to someone with a notepad or extremely good memory....