The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 61

Quote: Marc P @ February 29 2012, 2:36 PM GMT

Don't you automatically have contact details as they have emailed the script to you?

They didn't email the script they uploaded it. We'll have the details on the payment form. It just makes it easier and quicker if they're in front of you (although we do know that some writing competitions don't like it).

Good thing I use Celtx which asks for your contact details on the title page.

Still, a contact email address has sweet F.A. to do with being able to tell a coherent and interesting (and funny) story now, does it?!

this may possibly be caused by you asking for it as a pdf file. I myself had no idea about how to create one and so emailed my script to someone who turned it into one. trouble was it meant he was doing the page numbers and I told him page 1 is the first dialogue page, hence the title page with my details onprobably didn't get sent.

Quote: Declan @ February 29 2012, 2:59 PM GMT

They didn't email the script they uploaded it. We'll have the details on the payment form. It just makes it easier and quicker if they're in front of you (although we do know that some writing competitions don't like it).

Ah I see, fair point. :)

Quote: Rawiri @ February 29 2012, 3:37 PM GMT

Good thing I use Celtx which asks for your contact details on the title page.

Still, a contact email address has sweet F.A. to do with being able to tell a coherent and interesting (and funny) story now, does it?!

What did I tell you Pike???

Quote: Marc P @ February 29 2012, 3:42 PM GMT

What did I tell you Pike???

Reference went over my head - who the buggery hell is Pike?!? Laughing out loud

Quote: andy hardaker @ February 29 2012, 3:38 PM GMT

this may possibly be caused by you asking for it as a pdf file. I myself had no idea about how to create one and so emailed my script to someone who turned it into one. trouble was it meant he was doing the page numbers and I told him page 1 is the first dialogue page, hence the title page with my details onprobably didn't get sent.

If you use this http://www.cutepdf.com/
you can create pdfs from Word (or anything else) as you print to this utility rather than convert anything. Shows up as a printer when you do a 'Print...' and just type in the file name.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 29 2012, 5:20 PM GMT

If you use this http://www.cutepdf.com/
you can create pdfs from Word (or anything else) as you print to this utility rather than convert anything. Shows up as a printer when you do a 'Print...' and just type in the file name.

Dan

Echo this.
It's realy good for sending peope heavily formatted stuff that falls to bits when you try to convert to .rtf .doc etc ( in my case 'Storyview' documents)

The paypal account I paid the fee with, is actually managed by my brother, and so, I didn't include my personal details in it, nor in the script. What should I do? E-mail the script to you with all my details?

Quote: hiddenul @ February 29 2012, 5:48 PM GMT

The paypal account I paid the fee with, is actually managed by my brother, and so, I didn't include my personal details in it, nor in the script. What should I do? E-mail the script to you with all my details?

Sorry - if your script gets through your brother will have to do the re-writes.
If it goes on to win, it will be your brother who becomes famous and gets to meet all the stars at the celeb parties..
The rules are pretty clear on this.

Quote: Lazzard @ February 29 2012, 6:05 PM GMT

Sorry - if your script gets through your brother will have to do the re-writes.
If it goes on to win, it will be your brother who becomes famous and gets to meet all the stars at the celeb parties..
The rules are pretty clear on this.

Good one! :) Just to know, I'm kinda new and this is the first competition I have ever entered. I also want to make sure that all the things are good and clear.

Quote: hiddenul @ February 29 2012, 5:48 PM GMT

If you've already had feedback from us (assuming you went for the bronze option) then we obviously have your details.

If you didn't go for bronze you can always PM me and I will make a note of the title and your email address.

As Dec says having your email address actually on your script saves an awful lot of detective work matching names to paypal notifications.

For creating PDFs on a mac I use NeoOffice which is a free word processor. It has a simple 'export as a PDF' option.

Good spellchecker, too.

Blimey, pretty tense on the forum today. Here's a perplexed pirate to cheer everyone up: Pirate

Ooh, here's one about pirates.

Why are pirates called pirates?

Because they frequently commit piracy, which is usually an act of robbery or violence whilst at sea.

Now you know.

A pirate with an eye patch seemed down at a bar. The bartender asked, "What's wrong?" The pirate replied, "Arrrgh, they wanted me to be a teacher... but I only had one pupil!" :)

Quote: hiddenul @ March 1 2012, 7:41 AM GMT

A pirate with an eye patch seemed down at a bar. The bartender asked, "What's wrong?" The pirate replied, "Arrrgh, they wanted me to be a teacher... but I only had one pupil!" :)

Well that's just bad planning by the local education authority. They should revise their teacher pupil assignment procedures.