4 Screenwriting - Channel 4 screenwriting course Page 5

Cheers for the advice. Anyone any idea when we could expect to hear back, if we were fortunate enough to be one of the 12?

My guess is some time in December.

How many here sent something up for this?

I sent something. Haven't hear back yet but my guess is that if you are successful it will be some time later this month.

Yep, I submitted something for this - I think we'd agreed mid-December was when the lucky ones were likely to hear (not sure if the unlucky ones will also get an email or not).

I heard a helicopter overhead and assumed it was the head of channel 4 coming to whisk me to the magical world of screen writing.

Turns out it was just the police chasing scrotes.

Quote: sootyj @ December 1 2011, 12:30 PM GMT

Turns out it was just the police chasing scrotes.

Which, ironically, is probably what the winners will end up writing about.

And that my friend is why I will win and you won't.

Mine is called "Shameless Chavsum 2050AD"

It features chavs chasing police.

Twists your vewry perceptions of the university dunnit.

I reckon they'll love my Jeremy Clarkson biopic.
And, as a white, straight, middle-class, middle-aged male I should imagine I'm just what they're looking for.

And my one on Nic Cleggs love for dave

"Clegg lust for tory"

Perhaps I'll write something on the way fate conspires against an aspiring writer. Starting with the sad tale of how the writer was desperately trying to get their entry for a writing comp into the postbox for a 2nd december deadline and the stamp was flapping a bit. The writer decides to glue the stamp to the envelope to be on the safe side with a touch of Pritt. With ten minutes to get to the postbox, the writer has to run all the way to the Post Office. Our hero arrives just as the doors are being locked but before the last collection. As the writer starts to triumphantly slide the envelope into the postbox, it is noticed that the bloody stamp has fallen off and of course t is now too late to purchase another. Deciding that the BBC would be unlikely to look kindly on having to pay excess postage on a competition entry our hero starts the weary trudge home in the rain, which at least is washing the traces of glue away. Arriving back at the front door a small rectangle of paper is seen flaping feebly in the breeze. It is the missing stamp. Our hero dissolves in tears at the cruelness of fate. And debates whether the giro can cover the cost of a trip down to the Smoke to put the damn thing through the door of Bush House.

Quote: KLRiley @ December 1 2011, 6:28 PM GMT

... that the BBC would be unlikely to look kindly on having to pay excess postage on a competition entry...

You were sending it to the BBC?

It's just not your day is it?

EDIT: Just realised you're probably talking about another comp.
Still, never let the facts stand in the way of a good joke is my motto.

Never said it was Channel 4. However, I have faith in my story and will be hurtling out shortly to get on a train to take it to London.
What I do for my art....

Sod it. Let's go on strike. No more submissions until someone from this site is accepted for something. Anything.

England Scotland Wales

Unite!

Quote: evan rubivellian @ December 2 2011, 10:06 PM GMT

Sod it. Let's go on strike. No more submissions until someone from this site is accepted for something. Anything.

England Scotland Wales

Unite!

If you include "No more sending stuff to complete 'one-post' strangers who pitch up and not only ask for stuff FOR FREE but expect you to buy a ticket for their crappy show if they deign to perform any of your stuff" then I'm in.

Stuff.