Marc Wootton Exposed Page 2

Quote: Nick @ January 7, 2008, 6:57 PM

I can't comment on this show because I can't watch it yet but he played 6 completely different characters on My New Best Friend, another 4 on Shirley Ghostman and has impressed in several other things that I've seen him in.

Obviously I can't say whether he is any good in this but he is a talented actor and performer. No doubt about it.

I suspect he will be playing a human being as he did in My New Best Friend which you've already confessed to enjoying.

Nick, you're in denial. He's shit and you know he is. Just admit it will you.

Quote: Mark @ January 7, 2008, 1:59 PM

some of his characters are very different from his personality - seems he likes dressing up as ladies!

Who doesn't?

watched the first five minutes and didn't laugh i'm afraid. I have a horrible feeling it is going to be better than LMJ though. Why do the Beeb continue to make this utter, utter shite? I suppose it just goes to show how difficult it is to produce a quality sketch show.

Quote: Paul W @ January 7, 2008, 7:03 PM

I enjoyed Shirley Shostman he played a fine character but I still can't get my head round how he could make a sketch show so bad. I'm guessing the ratings will say a lot more than I ever can.

I've just looked at the credits - interestingly this show has some big names behind it - Jeremy Dyson (Leauge of Gents) is on script editing duties, its produced by Charlie Hanson (Not Going Out) and directed by Gareth Carrivick (Smoking Room). In their defence I guess there's only so much they can do with what they're given.

Dammit. Now I'm going to have to watch it.

i quite liked this.
the opening couple of sketches were weak and the laughter track is appalling.
i liked the vampire bloke, the demonic kid, the posh rapper.
not laugh out loud funny but nowhere near as bad as peter serafinowizc and adam and shelly or tittybangbang. in my opinion.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of this guy (his Jonathan Ross appearance was excruciating) but he did deliver the goods in the first episode of Nighty Night as dating agency matchmaker.

all these shows which us lot generally think are bad (wootton, serafinowicz, adam and shelley, tittybangbang) are on bbc3 and their target audience is 18-24. i suppose i shouldn't be surprised that i don't like them, being about 20 years too old.
is there anyone on the boards who is 18-24 who can say whether they find them funny?

Serafinowicz was on BBC Two. And wasn't Adam and Shelley ITV3 or something? Anyway, point is, no. They're not funny.

Quote: Aaron @ January 10, 2008, 10:31 AM

Serafinowicz was on BBC Two. And wasn't Adam and Shelley ITV3 or something? Anyway, point is, no. They're not funny.

Pretty sure adam and shelley was on BBC3. It was crap.

Unlike everybody else in the world [including God-although he's technically not of this world] I didn't hate this. In fact I quite liked it. It wasn't laugh out loud stuff but some of the characters were good. The old woman was poignant and quite clever. Worst character-rapper. But most of these shows are a bit hit and miss. Get rid of laughter track 'cos that was rubbish. Otherwise I'll look in on it again. Definitely not worst comedy on TV. That's Little Miss Jocelyn by a furlong or more!

I finally had the chance to watch this and I liked quite a bit of it (forgive me).

Wootton's performances were excellent and it made me laugh several times. I completely agree that the character Doris was poignant and some of the other characters had potential. I did think though that some of the sketches went on for too long and that the character Noodle wasn't funny enough.

To be honest - I just don't like his face.

Plus, I still have nightmares from his appearance on JR.

I didn't see the JR appearance. Was he a complete jerk then?

Just completely died, it was cringe-worthy.