Marc Wootton Exposed Page 4

Before the show was actually filmed, I went along to an evening with Marc Wootton, where he basically, without costumes or make up, ran through some of the characters & scripts that he had. It was all taped, and was a chance for Marc to gauge how popular certain characters & storylines were, depending on the laughs they received. The whole evening was absolutely hilarious, and Marc was awesome! Have to admit, I haven't found the show AS funny, but still don't think it's as bad as everyone's making out. You obviously have to have a particular sense of humour to enjoy it.

Paul the Vampire is pure genius, as is Ian the schoolboy. And I love Noodle, although haven't really heard a lot of the material that Marc used when I saw him, and a lot of that was hilarious!

I still think there's a LOT worse "comedy" on TV at the moment!

Same old problem. Too much reliance on one performer to salvage writing which isn't generally strong enough. Needs more writers producing tighter material, for a producer with a ruthless set of cutting shears.

Marc is obviously a very talented performer, just not enough of the show is strong enough.

Marc is an extremely talented and versatile character actor and I've got a ton of respect for him, even though Ghostman was seen as a major flop and I personally dislike prank shows like My Best Friend.

Just to echo other views here though, I think by far the best character on the show is the old lady - very funny, engaging and thoughtfully-done, although I'm not a fan of sad endings in sketches. Put the pathos in the middle and end on a laugh IMHO.

Overall though, amazing performances and a few good laughs but frustratingly hit and miss, script-wise.

And my God how much does his baby character look like Matt Lucas?