My Family - Series 11 Page 11

Quote: David Carmon @ September 4 2011, 3:09 AM BST

It was ok, better than the previous one.

It's all been a bit shit though hasn't it.

Series 11? Yeah, it's been pretty uneven and poor overall, Series 10 was much better.

Quote: Aaron @ September 3 2011, 7:51 PM BST

Well they have filmed two more half hours of My Family, it's just a question of if and when they're broadcast.

Call me an idiot for being so thick as to ask this question twice, but they recorded twenty two new episodes, they have shown twenty, so there are definitely still at least two sitting there in cold storage?

That's what we understand to be the case, yes.

Weren't the two uncounted episodes the 2009 Christmas Specials? They were filmed along with the rest of series 10/11.

Ah, were they? That could be it then, yes. But wasn't that just one single episode?

Quote: Aaron @ September 4 2011, 7:58 PM BST

Ah, were they? That could be it then, yes. But wasn't that just one single episode?

The 2008 and 2010 Christmas specials were clearly two episodes joined as they changed narrative entirely halfway. 2009 was different; it had one storyline and was clearly one hour-long episode. I suppose it could have been produced as two for some reason.

Mm, yes. Very confusing. Pity that the BBC has been so unhelpful with these 2 series. I believe that there were 22 separate scripts commissioned though, not just recording dates, so that'd seem to rule out the 2009 special being produced as 2 in this count... But even if it somehow is one of the 22, I think that still leaves a question mark over one episode... I guess we'll just have to wait for the Christmas schedules.

If no episodes appear at Christmas does that mean in 20 years people will be going on about mythical episodes? Like the supposed 13th episode of Fawlty Towers or 'lost' Only Fools and Horses ones?

It's quite possible!

I'm relieved it's ended really, it was getting a bit too painful to bear, seeing it going off like an old apple that was once so sweet and now dry and flaky inside.

Is the Series 1-11 box set that is due out in November likely to include all episodes, including Christmas specials?

Would hate to eBay my individual series 1-9 to buy this and find I'd wasted time and money.

There's no indication so far that it'll include the specials that have not yet been released.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Teary Console Console Console Console :) :D

I take it there is no Christmas special for this and Series 11 really is the last we'll see of My Family alltogether?

Looks like it, yes.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pirate