Miranda - Series 3 Page 5

It's not garbage. A few weeks ago, a repeat of Miranda got higher viewing figures than a new episode of My Family.

I can't believe anyone finds this show funny. I refuse to believe it.

Thank you, Victor.

Quote: ToddB @ April 28 2011, 2:02 PM BST

Does anyone know when "Miranda" returns?

There is a Christmas special this year, and apparently they are waiting till late 2012 to film a new series. I heard Miranda is finding it hard to come up with new ideas. Can't wait for the new series though.

Quote: Snork @ August 31 2011, 5:40 PM BST

There is a Christmas special this year,

I think they're planning to repeat the final, Christmas-themed, episode of Series 2 (as it isn't being shown in the current BBC One repeat run). There's no new Christmas special though.

Quote: cwickham @ August 31 2011, 5:45 PM BST

I think they're planning to repeat the final, Christmas-themed, episode of Series 2 (as it isn't being shown in the current BBC One repeat run).

How do you know this? I read an interview with Tom Ellis saying there is a Christmas Special but it could be the repeat. My brother thinks there is a new one.

There aren't any new episodes this year. Series 3 doesn't begin filming until late 2012.

Ok cwickham. Although I have just watched and read an interview with Miranda Hart saying she may do a Christmas one. Miranda Hart is concentrating on Call The Midwife I think so she is probably too busy to write one.

I don't think she has a starring role in Call The Midwife, and I think it may have already finished production. But yes, it'll certainly have taken her away from writing the sitcom for a prolonged period, whenever it is/was.

Quote: Johnx @ August 30 2011, 3:29 PM BST

I can't believe anyone finds this show funny. I refuse to believe it.

Well it got very high ratings and won a lot of awards, but if you really want to kid yourself that much, go right ahead. Not everyone has the same taste in comedy...clearly. Whistling nnocently

Quote: cwickham @ September 2 2011, 4:47 PM BST

There aren't any new episodes this year. Series 3 doesn't begin filming until late 2012.

Miranda Hart has said Series 3 will be on TV Autumn 2012, so I imagine they will be filming in Summer.

Anyway, Miranda is a naturally funny woman and having someone like her actually write the series a very strong point. Similar to Not Going Out: if you like Lee Mack's comedy, you'll love his writing (this hasn't changed even though he's currently on his fifth series). I think Miranda has at least a few years left in it. Gary and Miranda finally getting together. Penny and Tilly taking over the wedding planning. Maybe even Miranda having kids. I can see it now.

If it sucks, it'll most likely get cancelled before the chance of a Series 4... but I'm not worried.

Quote: Snork @ August 30 2011, 3:17 PM BST

It's not garbage. A few weeks ago, a repeat of Miranda got higher viewing figures than a new episode of My Family.

Lol

I Would Love To See A Series 3.

I hate this show. It simply is not funny. I don't even know why I am wasting my time posting about this shit so I will fookoff now.

What about Only Fools? That went on from 1981-1996 without dipping in quality.

Dave it finished in 2003. All of the series was bloody amazing. There's two films I don't like: To Hull And Back and Miami Twice.