Which sitcoms ended too early? Page 5

The High Life was fab, I love Alan Cumming.

Quote: treppenwitz @ April 15 2011, 4:43 PM BST

I can't be the only person who thinks Home Time was a work of genius?

I really liked Home Time; with the way it ended I thought for sure there'd be a second series. Plus One also deserves another go around.

Quote: max taylor @ November 2 2006, 8:24 PM BST

I think Early Doors could go for one more series. Every series has running questions, it would be good if Craig Cash and Phil Mealy could pen some more. Pleeeeeeease?

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 15 2011, 6:39 PM BST

The High Life was fab, I love Alan Cumming.

Ooh deary meee.

There was talk of a third Early Doors, but it's gone to the wall - sadly.

;)Lets 'Open Up Early' and 'Close Late' for a new one then!

Quote: Aaron @ October 9 2006, 5:01 PM BST

The Thin Blue Line.

A man after my own heart. If there is one sitcom that really ended too early it must surely be The Thin Blue Line.

That said I'd say half my favourite British sitcoms, at least, ended too early.

Filthy Rich and Catflap definitely should have got a 2nd series, but I think Ben Elton realised he was biting the hand that fed him. Also Colin's Sandwich could have gone for at least 1 more series.

- Oh Doctor Beeching!
- The Magnificent Evans

I think that Only When I Laugh should have got a few more series. Most of the actors - namely Richard Wilson (One Foot), Peter Bowles (Manor Born) and James Bolam (Likely Lads), were or have become famous and it was written very well. I would have liked more series

I would have liked a few more series of One Foot in the Grave. It's hilarious. I would also of like a few more of In Loving Memory and Green Green Grass. I know John Sullivan has died but it stopped a few years before his death so he could have written more because he wasn't ill.

George and Mildred

Quote: Steve Charlie @ September 1 2011, 2:34 AM BST

George and Mildred

Too true. I wonder how longer it would have gone on? They had at least one more run in the offing.

Dear John....

A third series was to be recorded in late 1989 but Ralph Bates was too ill sadly :(.

'Next of Kin' was another one that seem to finish too soon.

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ September 1 2011, 3:40 PM BST

Dear John....

A third series was to be recorded in late 1989 but Ralph Bates was too ill sadly :(.

That's interesting. I didn't know that. I liked both the UK and the US versions of that.