Change The Record - Episode One Page 3

Loved it as usual. Very strong believeable characters I think I know a shop like this!!!

Keep up with the goods Mr C!

Sorry for the bad acting James I'll do it much better next time.

Is that James Coard????
THE James Coard?

*get's out Autograph book just in case

Quote: Lady Laughter @ June 27 2011, 12:50 PM BST

I meant that it sounds like good amateur dramatics, but in the end still on the amateur end of the scale. You are pretty good, but the other two not so much. My real problem is that I didn't laugh, I suppose.

Thanks for the confidence booster.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 28 2011, 5:07 PM BST

Is that James Coard????
THE James Coard?

*get's out Autograph book just in case

I'm afraid so.

Quote: The Numpty @ June 28 2011, 5:01 PM BST

Sorry for the bad acting James I'll do it much better next time.

It's not really about bad acting, unless you are an actor. If you're not, then I think they should write around you and to your strengths.

Quote: Leevil @ June 28 2011, 5:23 PM BST

It's not really about bad acting, unless you are an actor. If you're not, then I think they should write around you and to your strengths.

I was asked to play 'myself'.

Quote: The Numpty @ June 28 2011, 5:26 PM BST

I was asked to play 'myself'.

That's probably the problem, characters from OTR show's never played themselves, they 'acted'...

Try hamming it up a bit...

Quote: RedZed333 @ June 28 2011, 5:36 PM BST

That's probably the problem, characters from OTR show's never played themselves, they 'acted'...

Try hamming it up a bit...

I will do!! thanks for the advice mate. :)

I made it most of the way through.

James this just doesn't work. There are no jokes from situation or character, infact the majority of the characters are one note.

I'm very dopy I own a record shop
I'm very angry I work in a record shop.

The audience of Something Special would find this unchallenging.

The jokes are achingly one note. If you find yourself making the record (vinyl) record (newspaper) joke. Give up burn the script, contemplate suicide or joining a silent order of humourless monks.

The maddening thing is you've obviously put real effort into making a professional product. But it's like icing a wedding cake made from excrement.

And when your character narrate exactly what's happening, it's like a sitcom made up entirely of Big Brother voice overs.

James at some point you have got to fall in love with comedy. Or writing. You've got to want to tell a story or make some one laugh.

Because I can't feel any passion.

And that f**king interstitial music is going to haunt my dreams.

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2011, 10:06 PM BST

I made it most of the way through.

James this just doesn't work. There are no jokes from situation or character, infact the majority of the characters are one note.

I'm very dopy I own a record shop
I'm very angry I work in a record shop.

The audience of Something Special would find this unchallenging.

The jokes are achingly one note. If you find yourself making the record (vinyl) record (newspaper) joke. Give up burn the script, contemplate suicide or joining a silent order of humourless monks.

The maddening thing is you've obviously put real effort into making a professional product. But it's like icing a wedding cake made from excrement.

And when your character narrate exactly what's happening, it's like a sitcom made up entirely of Big Brother voice overs.

James at some point you have got to fall in love with comedy. Or writing. You've got to want to tell a story or make some one laugh.

Because I can't feel any passion.

And that f**king interstitial music is going to haunt my dreams.

Thank you.

Was a pleasure

Was a pleasure

Quote: The Numpty @ June 28 2011, 10:23 PM BST

Thank you.

Oh dear.

Well, James, although I think it's great, the people have spoken. The consensus being: this is a huge crock of shit.

:(

Quote: don rushmore @ June 28 2011, 11:17 PM BST

Well, James, although I think it's great, the people have spoken. The consensus being: this is a huge crock of shit.

Sigh.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 28 2011, 11:17 PM BST

I appreciate the feedback.