Change The Record - Episode One Page 7

Give me 10 mins!

Quote: Leevil @ June 30 2011, 1:32 PM BST

Give me 10 mins!

Laughing out loud Seriously?

Quote: James Cotter @ June 30 2011, 12:54 PM BST

You haven't seen the episodes yet! :) I was referring to the two hander episode and nothing else as that what we were discussing.

I'm afraid that's akin to an infamous dog murderer asking to take my dog for a walkies. Because this time he isn't going to stab him and chuck his corpse in a brickfilled sack into the canal.

You've got form Cotter.

Quote: sootyj @ June 30 2011, 1:58 PM BST

I'm afraid that's akin to an infamous dog murderer asking to take my dog for a walkies. Because this time he isn't going to stab him and chuck his corpse in a brickfilled sack into the canal.

You've got form Cotter.

Eh? What?

Quote: James Cotter @ June 30 2011, 1:29 PM BST

I'm always looking for new material to perform so yes of course.

Hmmm, I've got a couple of interesting characters called Bob and Ted looking for work...

Quote: RedZed333 @ June 30 2011, 2:03 PM BST

Hmmm, I've got a couple of interesting characters called Bob and Ted looking for work...

Okay.

Quote: James Cotter @ June 30 2011, 2:02 PM BST

Eh? What?

merely pointing out your tendency to say "wait for the next project it'll all be better."

and it isn't, it's worse. A continuing division of expectation and result akin to driving ability and drink. Or a north Korean crop forecast.

Quote: sootyj @ June 30 2011, 2:37 PM BST

merely pointing out your tendency to say "wait for the next project it'll all be better."

When have I ever said that I would say the thing I always say is this is the best thing that I have done and I can't beat it which is a very stupid thing to say.

James though being serious. Write the characters, give them life a story and relationships with each other. If you don't then seriously what ever you write is going to be a bit vacuos and pointless.

You need to bear in mind that the real heavyweight succesful writers may spend a year prepping before putting pen to paper on script one.

The fact that almost all your characters are so similar seems to suggest you're not doing this basic stuff.

Come on I'd so love to see 2 or 3 pages of just thought out dialogue from you.

Quote: sootyj @ June 30 2011, 2:52 PM BST

James though being serious. Write the characters, give them life a story and relationships with each other. If you don't then seriously what ever you write is going to be a bit vacuos and pointless.

You need to bear in mind that the real heavyweight succesful writers may spend a year prepping before putting pen to paper on script one.

The fact that almost all your characters are so similar seems to suggest you're not doing this basic stuff.

Come on I'd so love to see 2 or 3 pages of just thought out dialogue from you.

I agree and that's why this project needs more work and time it's only been around for a few months. Other projects years so those characters are far more developed. I agree with you points I really do apart from my characters being similar I don't agree at all with that.

Sorry James but they are.

They're just wearing diferent clothes.

And if you're not happy with the script why on earth are you recording?

Akin to leaving the gents with your cock hanging out of your trousers because you're rushing to a job interview.

Depends what the job is.

Quote: sootyj @ June 30 2011, 3:01 PM BST

Sorry James but they are.

They're just wearing diferent clothes.

How can this role http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pB8ZH8sB48 be anything like this role http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5aURlOeRlw or anything like this role http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjuMHg1BxM

Listen to the dialogue and the underlying character

Quote: sootyj @ June 30 2011, 3:07 PM BST

Listen to the dialogue and the underlying character

All three of those projects are written by different people. I don't understand your point. I understand your other points but not this one.