Lennon or McCartney? Page 3

Quote: KLRiley @ June 25 2011, 12:41 PM BST

Has McCartney managed any football teams?

:D

And is he in the current Spurs squad? I think not..

I like this thread...It's McCartney for me, simply because I like the songs he wrote more..Here,There and Everywhere being probably my favourite but hard to choose from great songs like And I love Her, Good Day Sunshine etc...but Lennon wrote great songs as well and brought so much to the band. It's really hard to choose for the fact that they both were genius songwriters... I am a Wings fan as well with Band on the Run being a favourite album, so Paul tips it for me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 25 2011, 10:37 AM BST

The Beatles being unquestionably the greatest pop/rock band ever

You're forgetting about The Who. I guess I prefer Lennon's work over Paul's but I'd rather have a beer with Mr. McCartney.

McCartney.

He could scream as good as anyone in rock- see 'I'm Down' on YouTube.

He had an ego- but so do most of the great artists.

The thing about McCartney that is not often mentioned is his musicianship. We know he was a great bassist- some of those basslines are phenomenol (Lucy In The Sky...., Old Brown Show, Something, Come Together, etc). But, his guitar work is also incredible. George Martin said that Paul would have been at least as good a lead guitarist as George was.

Paul wrote the lead on And Your Bird Can Sing and played it simultaneously with George on the recording. He also wrote the 'lick' on In My Life- which is so simple but fits the song brilliantly.

George!!!!

The Beatles? One or two decent tunes with the rest being very average by today's standards. Compared with the dross it was competing against at the time I can see why it was popular.

John lennon I never liked. A smug twat.

Is it just me or is Ringo actually a bit of a tosser?

Quote: lofthouse @ June 25 2011, 5:35 PM BST

It's always bugged me that he constantly wears sunglasses.

Quote: Will Cam @ June 25 2011, 4:54 PM BST

John lennon I never liked. A smug twat.

That's another vote for Paul then. Good.

Ringo trashed his own City

cant be arsed to sign autographs and read fan male

shit drummer!

tomas the sodding tank engine

pillock!

Quote: lofthouse @ June 25 2011, 11:54 AM BST

anyway, The Clash were easily better than the Beatles, so there!

:P :P :P

Quote: lofthouse @ June 25 2011, 5:35 PM BST

No, it's just you..

I like The Beatles, but don't own a single song of theirs, where as I have loads from other sixties bands, such as The Who.

As for who is better, I'd say you can't have one without the other.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 25 2011, 7:03 PM BST

No, it's just you..

Ok Angry

bet im a better drummer though Whistling nnocently