Lennon or McCartney? Page 2

Invalid choice, Zoo, please read the rules. This is MY thread :)

Harrison?

You went Lennon already. One choice only.

I don't doubt John will win it again, but I know there are some solid McCartneyites out there, like Jonathan Ross. Come on Wossy, add your weight here.

Both excellent songwriters, so it has to come down to personalities. John tried to save the world, Paul used to knock his wife about. I vote Lennon.

Er...I think it was John who knocked his wife about. Surely ?

Paul's one of the softest men ever to have lived. I thought.

I can't split 'em. 'Twould be like trying to compare, say, scotch and bourbon ..

McCarthey for me as well.

Lennon was all peace and love in public

yet in private he seemed to behave like a complete bastard

anyway, The Clash were easily better than the Beatles, so there!

One 7 inch single seals it. One side Strawberry Fields (John). The other Penny Lane ( Paul). It's a double A side. Got to be a tie.

Yep, I'll go with that. Or another double A side, Revolution - John/Hey Jude - Paul. A draw is a very fair result. Maybe the right one.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 25 2011, 11:47 AM BST

Er...I think it was John who knocked his wife about. Surely ?

Paul's one of the softest men ever to have lived. I thought.

It was Ringo who used to get drunk and thump his wife. As for Lennon & McCartney they were two sides of the same coin and to argue that one was better than the other is pointless, as they complemented one another perfectly. After they split, John's songs missed Paul's soft melodies and Paul's tunes noticeably lacked John's heavier edge. Anyways, they did plenty as the Beatles and much thereafter is still pleasant listening despite the loss of the magic. You might argue: "But some of John's later songs in the Beatles had nothing to with Paul." That's probably true only in the case of Revolution 9 (EDIT - and What's the New Mary Jane). Just about every other Lennon tune (Beatles era), Paul contributed to in some way.

Has McCartney managed any football teams?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 25 2011, 10:37 AM BST

the real tensions that appeared between them.

Here we are, from the new book of Linda's photos:

You can tell John's about to fart and then waft it in Paul's face, though.

John for his music. Paul for his wifes food.